Tools

african hunters need help!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
/

one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't think you're going to get a "fair chase" hunt for bison. Most herds are closely managed and the culls are what are shot. In Wyoming, the DNR selects the animal your are to crop when and if your name comes up in the computer.

Posts: 2037 | Location: frametown west virginia usa | Registered: 14 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Ute Indian Reservation in Fort Duchesne, Utah sells bison tags for $3500 each. It is a self-guided hunt. Take a set of 4 tire chains or you will get stuck, and 2 tanks of gas, with 3 or 4 spare 5 gallon gas cans recommended, as the nearest gas station is a 3-4 hour drive away. The reservation is about the size of the state of Delaware. The bison will permit the hunter to approach to about 20 feet.

But it's fair chase.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
<Don G>
posted
I traded emails with Barry Taylor off and on for a couple of years about shooting, reloading and gun building. He is an avid hunter, fisherman, and gun nut that I'd go with in a minute if I had the bucks.

http://www.askaway.com/taylor.htm

He sometimes has muskox, I think there is a government quota or summat.

Feel free to check him out. I got lots of good testimonials from his clients three years back.

Don

<sure-shot>
posted
ALF,
Trophy Bison hunts for $2600. Three different bison hunts to choose from, two in Wyoming, one in Idaho. Give Chase a call at:
Cell: 1-435-881-2143
Home:1-435-563-3876
Business:1-435-563-3072
These hunts have been reduced from the $4000 range. This time of the year the bulls look very nice. sure-shot

one of us
posted Hide Post
Alf,
I have some nice Caribou/black bear hunts up north of you..I have some real nice Buffalo but I cannot beat the above price..Mine are running about $3500, but they are fair chase and sho nuff wild Buffalo on big big acreage.

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
In BC, Mike Hammett of Sikanni Chief Outfitters offers fair chase hunts for bison. They are a wild herd of plains bison that were transplanted (sort of by accident) in the late '70's.

I can get you more info if you are interested.

Canuck

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
I can't give any advice on Muskox, but for Caribou I'd fly with Lake Clark Air, Port Alsworth, AK. You won't find a finer man than Glen Alsworth and you'll hunt the best herd on Earth--the Mulchatna www.lakeclarkair.com/

Posts: 2946 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
/

<Reloader66>
posted
Conrtact Buckmasters aka Jackie bushman. He hunts with Sam Contafio outfitters for Caribou. They will give you the numbers and people to call.

one of us
Picture of Gatehouse
posted Hide Post
ALF
For Muskox and caribou, what about Fred Webb...I mean- he is a legend in the north.

I've also heard good things about True North Safaris, might be worth checing out.

Canuck-
Any idea how much the bison hunts with Sikanni cost?

Posts: 3082 | Location: Pemberton BC Canada | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote