New
Find
Notify
Tools

Exotics in Texas
 Login/Join

<JHook>
posted
Its been to long since I was in that Great State. Can anyone point me to a large operation that I can maybe take my kid to , for a hog or two, and maybe an exotic for me next Spring ?

I'd really like one of "dem dere mouflons" for my zoo..............thanx................J

one of us
posted Hide Post
Rifle or Bow?

I have been passed this link for a bow only ranch that lives up to the hype on the site.

http://www.sweetwatercreekbowhunt.com/index.htm

Greg

Posts: 1525 | Location: Hilliard Oh USA | Registered: 17 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Hey Rick,

My guy has a good ranch, reasonably priced to. Give me a call if you are interested.

For you and your boy he would charge a total of $150 ($75 each)/day. Hogs are free, "dem dere mouflons" are $750

Axis Deer $1300
Blackbuck $1000
Audad $1500
Fallow Deer $1300
Sika $900
Mouflon $750
Corsican Ram $650
Hawian Black Ram $750
Axis Doe $200
Female Black Buck $125
Female Audad $200

Posts: 6263 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wendell,
Gun, Bow or both?

I am interested in looking at their information.
Thanks
Greg

Posts: 1525 | Location: Hilliard Oh USA | Registered: 17 May 2002Reply With Quote
<JHook>
posted
Hu Wendall, I was going to be calling you before I made any move anyway. Care to join us ? We can make the cams go "click". I gotta squeeze it past his mother but I was thinking maybe on his spring break, since it doesnt look like I'll be going to Africa next spring.

I like them mouflons. Think you could hold the videocam while I/we do a sneak with the handcannon ?...................Rick

one of us
posted Hide Post
call Roland at the T-post ranch. His price is $75/day with a $300 kill fee for any animal they have with a gun including mouflon. They are mainly an archery outfit, but they work in guns for exotics only. They have a processing facility nearby and a taxidermist that comes by as well. It isn't 5 star accommodations, but it is hunting without high fances. www.t-post.com

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Greg R
posted Hide Post
I would be happy to send you a packet if you e-mail me your address. You can get a look at one of the ranches I hunt on Tuesday the 23 on the Outdoor Channel at 9:30PM (CST). We did a show with Hunting Lease magazine a few months ago and took a Bison, a Ram, a Blackbuck, and a Scimitar Oryx. I have some really nice Mouflon and lots of pigs. I don't charge a daily rate for kids hunting with their mom or dad.

Posts: 798 | Location: Sugar Land, TX 77478 | Registered: 03 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
JHOOK

I've hunted with Greg R a couple of times once in Tx and just this spring in Canada. Give him a call. I've had a blast both times and got good animals as well. In Tx we took Eland, Blackbuck, and Aoudad. In Canada we took black bears.

I'd hunt with him again anytime.

Mac

Posts: 1638 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Sure, I'll film it! If you are going to be down around spring break, maybe we will go to the ranch and shoot some pigs first.

Only problem is my ranch is about 7 hours (Or 12-days by horse) from the exotic country.

Posts: 6263 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hook,
I have a two day guided hunt for $399 and you can shoot as many hogs as you like and that includes a nice lodge, bring your own grocerys or we'll furnish food and cook for $45.00 per day. You will see a lot of hogs, clients usually shoot two to 6 hogs each, and a few coyotes....Near Del Rio, Texas

Posts: 41976 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ray,

That sounds like lots of fun. How many nights in the lodge does that include?

Thanks, Bill

Posts: 1169 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 January 2002Reply With Quote
<338Lapua>
posted
Ray,

You have mail about this offer.

Jim

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
a GREAT suggestion is the Leprechaun Ranch, 45 mins south of the San Antonio airport.
Talk to Bob Daly, (210) 626-3153. It's an interesting place, with ram, sheep, goat, exotic deer, sika, fallow, etc, and HOGS. He has a deal of 3 hogs, up to 180# TOTAL, for $180. Nice accomodations, if you want to spend the night(s), like 40 bucks a night.

Great place to hunt,
Gold metal blackbucks, too

Jeffe

if you are only interested in a standhunt, www.boarcreek.com is a stand only.

Posts: 38610 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
<338Lapua>
posted
Jeffe,

I have heard about Leprechaun, but I though he charged $1 per pound or something like that per hog. So if you get into a big one, it could get expensive. I would really like to try Boar Creek, have you been there?

Jim

<JHook>
posted
Thanx Wendell,jeff, and Ray. I'll be checking back with both of you, and let the other know what is what. I dont want to make firm plans until for sure I know its a go. On the flip-side, once I say Im going somewhere, you can bet I'll be there.

Anyway its been to long since I been in Texas. Man I did love that state!............J

[ 07-16-2002, 02:08: Message edited by: JHook ]

one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
JHook,

I sent you a PM.

Bob

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
<JHook>
posted
Bob I dont get them. You can E-mail me at "Vidcreate1@aol.com".........thanx.............J