Find
Notify
Tools

Doe Urine Scents?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of gas57
posted
Anyone have advice and experience in using these to attract whitetail bucks? Brand names, perhaps best to PM those.
Thank you!

When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults!

Posts: 903 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
I use Buckeye Scents. Give Doug a call:

1-877-410-6776. He has about 14-15 deer.

But let me tell you what works best DURING and just before the rut. Use subordinate buck pee. All the other bucks want to know who the heck is in the woods but never shows himself.

Here's another trick that works year after year. Always spray the pee during hours you hunt, especially early afternoons around 2-3 hours before sundown. Deer seem to be able to "time" when another deer has been around. Thus, they tend to show themselves well before dark.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
Picture of IdahoVandal
posted Hide Post
I used Wildlife Research "doe in estrous" last year. I could not say with a reasonable certainty that it was the reason I killed the buck...BUT....on the private land we have access to I had not seen any bucks for 5 days, I placed a "scent bomb" (felt with scent drenched on to it) in a tree and recharged it every day for the next 3 days. About 10 minutes before dark on December 1 of last year he came strolling up towards the tree and I killed him at 20 yards......

IV

minus 300 posts from my total
(for all the times I should have just kept my mouth shut......)

Posts: 844 | Location: Moscow, Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
Tinks 69 works pretty well.

I've taken several bucks this year while using it but, I can't say they were coming to it because I shot them all before they got close enough to get a good wiff Big Grin. It does work, I've had a few bucks during the last few years come right up to the Bombs w/ their nose held high. Even had a nine pt come running in to a bomb.

I think some scents scare deer for the most part. I've used some off brand stuff that does just absolutely hated. W/ tinks the doe don't seem to mind sometimes they'll sniff of it them selves.

A good friend of mine was bow hunting about a week ago and he had put tinks on his boots when he walked in. He said a cull buck came running in w/ his nose on the ground and grunting the whole way.

I'm sure there are probably some small deer farms that offer some good stuff but, I'd question how they preserve it before I bought some.

W/ most any scent just make sure you use fresh scent every time you go out. I've seen some folks use the same Bombs over and over w/o washing them and they smell quite terribly(nothing like the smell of the bottle it came from).

Good Luck

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have also used Wildlife Research Golden Estrous for years. It certainly does work but-- you should only use it when does in your area should be in heat. If used out of season it is a powerful repellant. I made that mistake once a year or two ago. An antlerless deer was just coming into a shooting lane for me when it caught wind of the pee bottle I had left on the ground. It literally jumped, as though I had fired an arrow right in front of its nose. (It didn't smell me because I handle the stuff wearing rubber gloves.)

Posts: 281 | Location: southern Wisconsin | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of old4x4
posted Hide Post
I use the "hocks" from either a buck or a doe. You can freeze them and use them a couple of years. Had a nice doe stop in her tracks like she got whacked with a stick and turn to sniff the ones off my 6 pointer I got earlier in the season. Big mistake....

"It's like killing roaches - you have to kill 'em all, otherwise what's the use?"
Charles Bronson

Posts: 504 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote