THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Deerdogs, 1894, any other U.K. folks...

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Deerdogs, 1894, any other U.K. folks...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
This is a bit off topic for this forum, but I have not seen Pete E posting here lately. Not sure if any of you corresponded with Pete off forum or not, but if you have have you heard from him lately?? I have tried to send him and email or two with no reponse.

Kernel

Posts: 211 | Location: West of the Big Muddy | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Deerdogs
posted Hide Post
Hi Kernal

Sorry I missed this, It has been a busy weekend shooting pheasants (and a couple of woodcock) yesterday, and I was up shooting a couple of groups through the 6.5 this morning and putting up a high seat this afternoon.

I think I saw a message from Pete over on one of the other boards within the last couple of days, so I presume he is fit and well.

------------------
Regards

Richard

Posts: 1978 | Location: UK and UAE | Registered: 19 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Do you mean me or another Pete? Maybe I should change username to simplify things?

I'm here every day and my email a/d works!

------------------

Posts: 360 | Location: Sunny, but increasingly oppressed by urbanites England | Registered: 13 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I last had an e mail correspondance with him on 18th Oct when I asked if he was still visiting. He said he had ISP problems and was doing a lot of lamping for foxes.

Posts: 2258 | Location: Bristol, England | Registered: 24 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. Pete, there is also a 'Pete E' registered here as well and that was to whom I was referring. Sounds like he's doing well if he's after foxes that often. You guys defnitely have it made on the hunting scene..... as in doing it all the time!!!

Posts: 211 | Location: West of the Big Muddy | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What you see with me, Deerdogs et al is the culmination of years of hard graft, learning and making contacts to get the ground to shoot on. Sometimes I forget what it was like when I only had 50 acres or indeed none!

And having got it you have to keep it! Stalking is supposed to be the fastest growing shooting sport. I know some of my landowners get a call a week from someone asking if they can stalk on their land. To date the answer is no and that's why they will continue to get a bottle of scotch and a heap of venison every year, not to mention a call every time I go past.

Deerdogs and I are very lucky, we stalk close to home. I even stalk before and after work from Sept-Nov and Feb-April, however Pete E has to go 7 hours to Scotland whenever he gets the time.

Anyhow I'm not allowed to shoot foxes. My wife will not allow it!

[This message has been edited by 1894 (edited 11-20-2001).]

Posts: 2258 | Location: Bristol, England | Registered: 24 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't doubt that you all work very hard at establishing and maintaining good relations with the landowners....much the same as here in some areas. I would have to admit a bottle of Whisky and a pile of venison every now and then would make me happy! I guess my point was that once you find a nice place to go you get to hunt more or less year round compared to the relatively brief seasons here in the U.S. There are a lot of reasons for this difference as I'm sure you're aware, but I won't get into those here. At any rate, I definitely acknowledge that you are not just showing up to shoot a few animals every so often and am very envious of your current situation !

I hunted with Pete E up on his porperty in Scotland for an evening last summer. Had a great time, but saw only a couple of roe does. Seems like I still have a midge bite or two remaining.