New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did I just hear this right?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was at a sporting goods store today trying to get some gunpowder that my local (and preferred) shop was out of. The sales rep told me that either the state of Missippi or Missurri had banned the sale of all firearms including long guns. I am in northern BC, Canada, so my first thought is that this account is just that, a rumor. Can someone who knows shed some light on this for me?
Regards,
Graham

Posts: 264 | Location: Northern BC, Canada | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Whoever told you that is full of shit. Nothing more needs to be said.

Posts: 1039 | Location: Colorado by birth, Virginia by employment | Registered: 18 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks. That is sort of what I suspected. Smiler good luck to all y'all down there and keep shooting straight.
Regards,
Graham

Posts: 264 | Location: Northern BC, Canada | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The state of Missouri has some bills pending that. Out laws modren sporting rifles and hi cap pistols. With a 90 day turn in or else.

Hasn't passed yet but some lib from St louis induced it.

Posts: 19597 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess it will be or else and they will have to pry the gun out of my cold dead hand.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Billings,MT | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Here it is....

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Liberals introduce BS bills all the time. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

After all, Democratic New York Rep. Jose Serrano introduces a bill to repeal the 22nd amendment every session of congress. 22nd amendment limits the president to two terms. That too, will never pass.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
New York never will ban modren sporting rifles.

OH wait they just did.

I guess If I stick my head in the sand it will never happen.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Missouri is not New York. We should take notice of the names and remember them but this bill is DOA.

Posts: 817 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Scott:
Missouri is not New York. We should take notice of the names and remember them but this bill is DOA.

I hope you are right take names collect next election.

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:
With all do respect and not to start a debate but I think we all need to at least "worry" about it.........

Right there is why such issues as this, should be included in the American Big Game hunting topic area, if a state outlaws guns, it will affect hunters living in that state. Also once one state falls, others will at least try to follow suit and will keep trying till it happens.

Hunters sticking their head in the sand trying to ignore the problems, refusing to talk about the problem or even acknowledge that a problem exists, helps no one.

This is also an example of why, especially in this day and time owing to the availability of internet access, hunters in every state should monitor what type of legislation that is being presented/considered by their state government and who is presenting it/backing it/fighting against it.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
THIS IS EXACTLY THE REASON THE ANTIS GET AHEAD OF US! THEY ARE ORGANIZED, THEY ARE UNIFIED, THEY ARE MOTIVATED, AND THEY VOTE! AND YES I AM YELLING! THAT SEEMS TO BE THE ONLY TONE OF VOICE SOME PEOPLE LISTEN TO! WORRY, PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT IS GOING ON, CALL, EMAIL, SEE YOUR LEGILATORS FACE TO FACE, ANY CHANCE YOU GET! LET THEM KNOW YOU ARE NOT HAPPY, AND YOU VOTE!

Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 1317 | Location: eastern Iowa | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Colorado House just passed an egregious anti-gun bill. We can hope it will die in the senate, but the fact that this type of bill can pass even the House in the mountain west should be a wake up call to everyone. CO is not NY or CO, but it did pass the House.
Time to load the guns....
Bill

Posts: 1089 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just-a-hunter:
quote:
Originally posted by Wendell Reich:
Liberals introduce BS bills all the time. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

After all, Democratic New York Rep. Jose Serrano introduces a bill to repeal the 22nd amendment every session of congress. 22nd amendment limits the president to two terms. That too, will never pass.

With all do respect and not to start a debate but I think we all need to at least "worry" about it.........

Todd

Yep, I worry for all our freedoms with this administration.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yep, I worry for all our freedoms with this administration.

We all should be worrying when all our rights are being stripped away while the Emperor is out golfing with Tiger and his First Lady and kids are in CO skiing on our dime!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
He may have been referring to the highly publicized article about the Missouri State Democrat Rep that submitted a bill that would require gun owners to "turn in" their assault rifles and magazines that accommodate more than 10 rounds within 90 days of the passage of the bill. I've read that a Republican Rep submitted a bill that would make it a felony to submit a Gun Control bill that would affect our 2nd Amendment rights to bear arms. Although I'm from Oklahoma I would put my "bet" on the Republican's bill.

Start young, hunt hard, and enjoy God's bounty.

Posts: 383 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 24 December 2011Reply With Quote