Find
Notify
Tools

Tripod?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted
I've seen a shooting tripod on several shows that has red foam handles on the legs. Anyone know where I can get one? Larry Wieshun uses one alot.

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
Here

BOG POD

JUST A TYPICAL WHITE GUY BITTERLY CLINGING TO GUNS AND RELIGION

Definition of HOPLOPHOBIA

"I'm the guy that originally wrote the 'assault weapons' ban." --- Former Vice President Joe Biden

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just got a bogpod yesterday, I think it will work out quite well.

It adjusts to about any length you could want. My buddy looked at it and thinks it will be the best thing going for shooting kneeling.

I shoot a lot while sitting using shooting sticks (two legs), but this thing should be even steadier with the three legs.

I am contemplating an African hunt and when extended this thing will be great for practicing for shooting off the sticks they use so much in Africa.

I just have to get used to carrying it. My shooting sticks are lighter and fold up to go in the holster.

I shot my last 6X6 bull elk off a Harris bipod
but I think this bogpod will be easier to follow a moving animal with. (The head rotates 360 degrees)

R Flowers

Posts: 1220 | Location: Hanford, CA, USA | Registered: 12 November 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I just bought one last week. Nice rig and one that should come in very handy this fall and for African practice.

Posts: 1148 | Location: The Hunting Fields | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of erict
posted Hide Post
Another option is the Stoney Point Convertapod . I use one for hunting deer and coyotes with rifle, muzzleloaders and 15" barreled Encores. A few features I like about it:

1. The legs do not click into stops, but rather they can be adjusted to any length.

2. The "third leg" can be unscrewed and then screwed into a camera, acting as a "monopod". If you lean it into the two other legs, you have an improvised camera tripod.

3. It is lightweight. It doesn't have the swivelling head, but I've never found that to be a problem.

I got some white lightweight nylon fabric and sewed up long "sleeves" for the legs. They come in handy so that come snow time I can easily hide the black tripod as I sit in waiting for the 'yotes.

"Listen more than you speak, and you will hear more stupid things than you say."

Posts: 705 | Location: near Albany, NY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote