THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Utah increased tags cost for 2020-2021

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Utah increased tags cost for 2020-2021
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
I already bought my points for the year, but they are going up another $5 each. Tag prices are going up by 15-30% depending on species.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Western Big Game hunting

Posts: 2663 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Idaho had an increase as well.

I personally don't care what they charge. I hear a lot of people complaining about the increase in cost, but I am not sure if those complaints are from people that actually apply or just those that bitch about not being able to afford applying.

I apply, and don't tend to worry about it.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I feel the same. As expensive as we think it is, the tags I’ve drawn far outweigh the investment. I’ve increased the amount of states I apply for and regret not doing so in the past.

I’ll draw a sheep tag in Utah in the next few years and I guarantee I’ll gladly pay the “high” tag cost Smiler

There is nothing like hunting on a LE hunt. I’ve been to Africa three times and enjoyed it. However, give the choice, I’d take a premium tag in the west over about anything.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been buying points in Utah for 5 years. I might apply next year, it is one of the earlier draws so you know pretty soon.

Tough because Arizona elk, Wyoming elk and Utah are right on top of one another. But I burned my Wyoming elk points this year, so I don't have to worry about that next year.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
I have been buying points in Utah for 5 years. I might apply next year, it is one of the earlier draws so you know pretty soon.

Tough because Arizona elk, Wyoming elk and Utah are right on top of one another. But I burned my Wyoming elk points this year, so I don't have to worry about that next year.

If you need any help up here, just give me a shout

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
many of us have been lobbying the F&G here in Idaho to double the out of state Tags/licenses. at minimum.
the second biggest request?
cut the numbers sold in half.
at minimum.

I don't think they are listening.

Posts: 5001 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I remember attending public meetings in Idaho fifty years ago trying to get IF&G to reduce the number of deer permits in the South Hills. Some things never change.

Posts: 766 | Location: Corrales, New Mexico | Registered: 03 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
I’ve been hunting in Idaho as nonresident for 30 years and I gladly pay more as you can’t put price tag on time spent in the woods

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote