THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    AVOID "Bud's Gun Shop" On Gunbroker! BAD DEALER!

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AVOID "Bud's Gun Shop" On Gunbroker! BAD DEALER!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
AVOID "Bud's Gun Shop" On Gunbroker! BAD DEALER!

------------------------

The following comes from a member of BSB -

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wanted to let everyone know the results I had from spending $1400.00 on a Weatherby 340 Accumark with "Buds Gun Shop".

The gun was advertised by them as coming with an Accubrake. I confirmed this with them by phone. The gun arrived without a brake and their response was "send it back, but we'll charge a 20% restocking fee". That's almost $300.00 - the brake costs only $150.00 factory installed.

They admit their add was wrong. Their excuse? Their ads are not always accurate because they post alot of them, I should have known that. Check out 41432244 and remember - they admit what you see (and read) isn't what you get.

I asked them to reduce the cost by the amount of the factory installed brake - and I'd even pay the shipping to Weatherby to have it done - and they said no. They offered to drop the 20%, but I'd still be out transfer & other costs - about $75.00.

All I wanted was what they advertised and what I paid for - what could be simpler?

Finally, they wrote an e-mail threatening to change their positive feedback on me to negative if I posted complaint. Safe to say no more "Buds Gun Shop" for me - ever.

------------------------------------------------------

below is a link to the discussion in question:

http://www.baitshopboyz.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9720&PN=1&TPN=1

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Give them a call and ask to speak to Derrick, he tends to be the man with all the answers. If he doesn't make it right please let me know. They are just up the road from me, and I've had nothing but great luck from them...

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Give them a call and ask to speak to Derrick, he tends to be the man with all the answers. If he doesn't make it right please let me know. They are just up the road from me, and I've had nothing but great luck from them...

brad - thanks for replying with the advice. i will pass this along to the guy who bought the rifle. with any luck, this bad situation can be turned good!

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of IdahoVandal
posted Hide Post
You may also want to contact Gunbroker's "Fraud Protection" I had a deal where I won a Winchester 94 16" in 44 mag for (brand new) for $120 and the seller refused to complete the transaction beacause they said it wasn't a fair price, I hammered them on feedback and thus they "hammered" me back---in the end, they were removed from Gunbroker and I had the neg feedback removed....

Whatever happens-- thanks for the tip on BUDS GUN SHOP-- I shop Gunbroker quite a bit but I'll pass on them from now on and pass along to to all I know!

IV

minus 300 posts from my total
(for all the times I should have just kept my mouth shut......)

Posts: 844 | Location: Moscow, Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AMRA
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about your bad deal with Bud`s gun shop,Hope you get some satisfaction.
Who` the babe sitting on the rocket?My son-in-law is due to go back to Iraq when he get`s over the operation to his ankle.He is stationed at Camp Lejune N.C. He was over in Afganistan and then Iraq the last 2 years,he told me that there were not Any good looking women over there!He lied!Ha Ha. Just kidding ,he is fine young man and a Proud Marine,my daughter could not have found a better man to call her husband.
But I am going to ask him about this FINE looking lady in your photo!
Later Amra

Posts: 84 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 29 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
These warnings on the internet are something we had all better watch out for. Every so often a warning comes up that turns out to be crap slung by people with an axe to grind. They even happen on AR.

Tasunkawitko, how about calling up Bud at the store and ask him what the problem is before you tell everyone to watch out for him based here-say? Do you think a $75 fee is worth possibly ruining a segment of their business? I'd bet there is more to this story than what we've read, probably a lot more. Take these things with a little sceptisism! Notice Bud's side is no where to be seen?

I don't know Bud and his wife very well but have known and dealt with them for ten years, I like them and trust them. I have seen their business grow. Businesses that survive usually aren't the ones that screw their customers. I'm going to ask them about all this today and maybe buy a gun from them!

Wouldn't hurt people to do a little investigating themselves before taking what one reads on the internet as gospel truth. You could be repeating what is an incomplete story or even an outright lie. We can't encourage fabrications on the internet, can we?

TED NELSON

It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance

Posts: 249 | Location: kentucky USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ted, you do of course bring up some good points, which is exactly why i posted the link to the original discussion. you are free to check it out and make your own judgements from there, AND goto the auction itself and see what it says. i don't know how they do things in kentucky, but out here, when something is advertised as coming with an accubrake, it comes with an accubrake. maybe in kentucky, that doesn't mean anything. i realize that these guys are some hometown boys of yours, but that's no reason to jump on me in order to defend their shitty business practices.

frankly, i wouldn't do business with them based on their terms and conditions alone, which state in black and white that if they advertise it wrong, they aren't responsible. check it out for yourself. also, if BUD has a problem with what is posted, i would welcome to have him explain his side of the story. as it is, he is taking quite a beating due to his apparently sloppy business practices, and word-of-mouth spreads fast.

if he can come up with a good reason to explain his apparent fraud, then i'll be among the first to apologize and will post that apology on every one of the boards where i posted the original topic, and would welcome him and give him full support at BSB. as it is, all i have seen from him is "well, if i got it wrong, then i got it wrong; too bad" if YOU think that's the way to do business, then have at it. out here in montana we are only a little bit more educated than you guys in kentucky, but at least we walk upright and do business up-and-up on the level. apparently, your BUD is one of "the other kind...."

AMRA - i wish i knew who that bombshell was, because she has been the inspriation for a lotta guys overseas. one of the guys who hangs out oer on the political forum apparently knows her CO, but that's all i know. tell your boy he simply isn't looking in the right places! Wink

one of us
posted Hide Post
p.s. - all that stuff about kentucky boys not walking upright and stuff is jsut tongue-in-cheek, i hope you know. i ahppen to know a couple of guys from kentucky, and they are fine gentlemen, as are you. i do, however, have a problem with bud's business practices, and if it takes a little rpessure for him to cowboy up and do the right thing, then i don't mind applying it.

the question is, are you, as a friend of his, going to blindly defend him, or tell him he should do the right thing?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm not from KY, I'm from MN. I'm not defending Bud so much as I get the creeps really bad over the risk to hurting someone's reputation without any way of being sure if it's all correct. A few years ago a fellow on a gun related forum took it upon himself to attack Virgin Valley Custom which stirred up a hornets nest. Luckily V.V.C. had defenders that stood up for them and saved their reputations. I've seen things happen like that on AR. Once a rep is ruined it's almost impossible to get it back.

Reading my earlier post I realize I come off as a half wit. I should have rewritten it before I posted. I do hope you understand my position on the internet as a dangerous place to do business. Someone could swear I'm a counterfitter or sheep molester, an hour later the FBI and a Democratic Senatorial Campaign recruiter will be at my door.

As Mark Twain said "A lie can travel halfway around the world before the truth can put on his shoes."

TED NELSON

p.s. Do you make a habit of jumping to conclusions? You saw Kentucky and decided I'm from here. Gotta watch that.

I grew up down the road from Butch Lockerby (Butchloc). He'll square you away on Minnesota not being a city in Kentucky.

When I moved here I was repo-ing homes in Eastern KY and had to keep my eyes from bugging out and saying what I was thinking. I'm much better now. I met a guy in a grocery store with a leg reversed from the knee down, foot pointed backward, knee worked like normal. Worked just fine. I still gurgle thinking about that one.

It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance

Posts: 249 | Location: kentucky USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
hey, ted - i think we're agreeing on the key things, or at least i hope so. i did assume that you are from kentucky, but that was mostly because your location said kentucky usa. i made an honest mistake~~Wink

seriously, i would love to give bud's an apology, because i basically believe that 99.999999% of the people in the world are basically good people. i have also been in businesses where customers can feel jilted due to their own mistakes, and have no sympathy for them. to me, this wasn't the case.

if i am wrong, i'll say so, and if bud makes this good, you can bet that i will be on every thread that i started or caused to be started and i will be just as public in my praise of him as i was in my denouncing him. in all deference, though, it just doesn't look like that is going to be the case.