New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for Luxe Black Bear Lodge
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Eldest son (11) has asked to go on a black bear (crossbow) hunt as a present, does anyone have any operator / lodge setups they know of that have really nice accommodations (wife will also come) in a high-density bear area?

Thanks !! Be well all

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Disclaimer:I have no skin in the game. Check out OMM Outfitters in Eagle Lake, Maine. Never hunted bear at all myself, but have hunted deer and moose with them. Great outfit determined to be the best. Outstanding meals and setting. Bears over bait, and with hounds.

Posts: 214 | Location: maine, usa | Registered: 07 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Clark Purvis, who posts here, has some absolutely huge bears in Eastern North Carolina, not sure if his lodge is "Luxe" or not.

www.roanokeriverwaterfowl.com/

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9870 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
I think I have seen a few advertised in BC that looked really nice. I'd do a Google search and see.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have you considered a boat based hunt for example? Great experience, great food, nice accommodations, and lots to experience for everyone!!!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4885 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:
Have you considered a boat based hunt for example? Great experience, great food, nice accommodations, and lots to experience for everyone!!!

You beat me to it.....

Check outfitters who operate on the BC coast and southeast Alaska for boat based hunts.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2805 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigB
posted Hide Post
Totem Lodge in NW Ontario on Lake of the Woods. Have not bear hunted but have fished there and it is very nice with good food and treated well.

website is totemresorts.com

Posts: 1401 | Location: Northwest Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You guys are forgetting Canada has shut its borders down.

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OLBIKER:
You guys are forgetting Canada has shut its borders down.

I think most are assuming he's looking for next year, etc? Everything is pretty much shut down this spring.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4885 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks all!

Boat is a definite possibility, thanks for suggesting!

Hadn't considered NC, but might be harder than he's up for with the spot / stalk.

Anyone know a land based lodge in CA thats super nice?

One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
My bear lodges are basic but comfortable. I had a fat cat come in a few years ago and he wanted the entire Gone With The Wind package. I rented out a local plantation and hired a Charlestonian Chef. Even got a uniform for Clinton but he would not wear it. Client paid as much for that venue as he did the hunt. In honesty it took away from the entire atmosphere of the hunt. You come with me to learn about the game, experience our rich hunting culture and meet some proper red necks that live for running their bear hounds!

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orvar:
Thanks all!

Hadn't considered NC, but might be harder than he's up for with the spot / stalk.

Sure...I've hunted black bears in California too. The Alaska bear hunt via boat is a great hunt!

Best would be to either post here some more specifics regarding exactly what you guys are looking for, and everyone can help - or email me if you like? globalhunts@aol.com

What year do you want to go?
How many hunters?
What's your budget per hunter?
Any trophy size specifics you are after?
You already said you want a lodge, or something similar (nice accommodations) so that's covered.

Info like this helps narrow down options, as there are literally dozens and dozens of BB hunts out there.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orvar:
Thanks all!

I’ve done the high end boat hunt thing before and would recommend it. I’m happy to provide a reference. Funny you mention CA, I’ve killed several black bears and the biggest by far is an old boar bear that I shot while hunting blacktails on a clients ranch in CA. He’s a monster.

One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
You have to be in good shape for our hound hunts. Especially during high water. You will sink above your knees when walking through our Pocosins . Also spend a good amount of time crawling through the briars and thick bush. We follow the holes that the bears make.

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Capt. Purvis:
You have to be in good shape for our hound hunts. Especially during high water. You will sink above your knees when walking through our Pocosins . Also spend a good amount of time crawling through the briars and thick bush. We follow the holes that the bears make.

Sounds like my kinda hunt Captain! tu2

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
All of Capt. Clark’s hunts are top shelf. He’s an excellent guide and a better person. I’ll likely book a duck hunt this year.

Best,

Bob

Posts: 126 | Location: Wilbraham, MA 01095 | Registered: 28 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you all!!