New
Find
Notify
Tools

NEWFOUNDLAND: TUCKAMORE LODGE?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Yet I'm planning my 2006 hunting season.
I read on hunting report some good news about this outfitter:
http://www.tuckamorelodge.com/
I'm interested for a big moose.
His offers seems very good
Someone have hunted with him?

mario

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
mario;

beleive that is a she not a he.

check your p.m.'s

read the other thread further down about newfoundland, well worth your time.

good luck.

Cold Zero

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've seen his or her adds also. Looks kinda of interresting.

Cold zero,
What thread are you talking about??

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
yet I have hunted ptarmigan and caribou on newfoundland with Ron Parson of Owl Nest Lodge.
But the location of Tuckamore lodge looks very interesting in a very wild area and even the accomodation seems first class. I dont know if the moose trophy quality in the north of the island is high?

mario

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mario,
I have hunted with Barb at Tuckamore twice, and went up for a summer vacation once. You can not expect to ever find a better operation, or better people. I have never been treated as well anywhere else, let alone any better. Accomodations are fantastic, food is great, guides are superb. You will have a great time, and a great hunt. If you can get Dennis or Tommy as your guide, you are golden.
Have a great hunt.
Tell Barb and Dennis that Jay Feller sends his best.
Y.D.

I learned everything I will ever need to know about "Islam" on Sept. 11th, 2001

Posts: 106 | Location: Mid_Hudson Valley of New York | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yankee doodle;

now there's a quality reccomendation.

yes, the location does have to do with the moose quality that they are taking, as well as a sound managment plan. as opposed to let's shoot the shit out of the area and make as much money as we can for a management plan. a financial managment plan.

i got a little turned around here, this is the big game board. if you want to read the thread that i was referring to check the canadian hunting board. i thought that was where this was posted since the hunt is in canada. tuckamore is a little pricey, but if you want remote, they are and we all know that costs more. i only like to hunt remote areas. they also have a good reputation. because they are so remote, i beleive they are in the north, they get away from the local hunting pressure that is so much of a problem for many other outfitters. a 48"-50" moose with them is a realistic goal, if you hold out and are fit.

i know of another outfitter with as good or better operation.

mario i sent you a p.m.

good luck.

Cold Zero

one of us
posted Hide Post
dear friends,
thanks for the infos.
Off course I know in Alaska ther'is the biggest moose, but not only I look for a hunt in a remote area bau also for a good lodge accomodation, for bring with me my wife.
In Alaska I found only hunts with stay in tent camps or rustic cabins.The lodges are for before and after the hunt. Instead in Tuckamore, I have the impression to have both at the same time: wild area and excellent accomodation.

mario

One of Us
posted Hide Post
mario;

if the accomdations are a high consideration. then barb at tuckamore is another reason to go there as they have a nice lodge.

if you want an western canada moose then take a look at prophet mushwa outfitters, keving olmstead. he has even a nicer lodge and spa out in the middle of nowhere and good moose as well in b.c.

good luck , enjoy.

Cold Zero

one of us
posted Hide Post
yet I saw the Muskwa's web site, but the lodge is used only before and after. During the hunt you must go in isolated cabins.

mario

One of Us
posted Hide Post
thats correct, but your wife gets to stay in the spa and be pampered night and day....

Cold Zero