THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Can anyone recommend an outfit for free ranging aoudad?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can anyone recommend an outfit for free ranging aoudad?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I've performed a search on the subject but am still filled with questions. If anyone is willing and able to point me in the right direction, it's be much appreciated.

Bobby B.

Posts: 323 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I know there are guys here that can help. I am interested in one as well but don't have the money yet. I would love to do one with my muzzleloader. Ron

Posts: 985 | Location: Southern Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just do a Google search for "Free range aoudad hunts". Came up with numerous and well-respected outfits. Some post here on AR. My hunting partner goes down to NM next month to try his hand at hunting them. There are a bunch at the deer lease in Texas, but no rhyme or reason to their travels. Haven't managed to get one yet.

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
Bubba Glosson with Southwest Trophy Hunts

He puts on some awesome hunts in the Davis Mtns, I HIGHLY recommend him!

Here is his website...

http://www.aoudadhunt.com/

Drummond

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted with Elite outfitters from Nm. this past January. They hunt several ranches near Alpine, Tx. The weather was terrible, but the hunt was great. Well run operation.

I just picked the mount from my taxidermist yesterday, incredible looking animals.

Posts: 77 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try Hunter Ross with Desert Safaris. He offers free range aoudad in West Texas. I have hunted with him a few times and does a good job.

wwww.desertsafaris.com

Posts: 55 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a free ranging Audad hunt near Van Horn, TX. for $3000. I have posted the info on the classified section here at AR.
Lodging is not available on this hunt but there are motels in nearby Van Horn and I can make arrangements for primitive camping. This is a tough hunt, this is not hunting inside of a high fence. Ranch size can vary from 50 to 100 sections +. Contact me for more information and I will be glad to help you out.
Private message sent.

The Hunt goes on forever, the season never ends.

I didn't learn this by reading about it or seeing it on TV. I learned it by doing it.

Posts: 729 | Location: Central TX | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I hunt them in SE NM. Also very tough hunt but we have great success rate.

Pancho
LTC, USA, RET

"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." Clint Eastwood

Give me Liberty or give me Corona.

Posts: 936 | Location: Roswell, NM | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
If you want a great trip - great Aoudad (probably 30"+) all free range with a great outfit - go with Hunter Ross and Desert Safaris www.desertsafaris.com

I took this guy and he was the smallest of the 3 in the bunch. We had a mix-up with them changing positions, sun in the scope, etc. He was 29.5". The other 2 were 32" and 34". I think Hunter's guys averaged 31" last year.

he runs a tight ship. I am headed to Sonora with him for desert mulies in 5 days if that tells you what I think of his operation. See my Article in the December Peterson's Hunting about my trip with Hunter...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tim - read your article in PH. It was a good read. Keep up the good work and good luck on your next hunt.

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ranch size can vary from 50 to 100 sections +

How big is this ?!

Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
1 section is 1 square mile, 640 acres. 50 sections = 32,000 acres, 100 sections = 64,000 acres.

Posts: 77 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
The ranch I hunted with HUnte Ross was 104,000 acres and it isn't the only one he has...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
+2 on Bubba Glosson. I took a 32" ram with him near Marfa a few years back. IMO, a free-range auodad hunt is the best poor man's sheep hunt going. It has it all.....climbing, glassing, stalking in high country!

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. G.B. Shaw