Notify
Tools

Does this qualify as High Fenced?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Irish Paul
posted
horse

Never use a cat's arse to hold a tea-towel.

Posts: 280 | Location: California/Ireland | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Guess it depends on how tall the deer is....... Big Grin

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
Not necessarily an ethical dillemma, I don't think, in my fantasy world. Let's say that animal's pen is say, 10-15 acres in size, and lives in it alone. To kill it you had the choice of toting a claw hammer, a hatchet or a stick of dynamite. To make things even more sporty, you'd have only a loincloth, and your weak leg would be hobbled so you'd only be able to move by hopping around. You stay in the pen together with the critter without food until you kill it, or swear off high-fenced operations forever. I'd charge $100 for the opportunity. Oh, and $5000 for bug spray.

KG

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kamo Gari:
Not necessarily an ethical dillemma, I don't think, in my fantasy world. Let's say that animal's pen is say, 10-15 acres in size, and lives in it alone. To kill it you had the choice of toting a claw hammer, a hatchet or a stick of dynamite. To make things even more sporty, you'd have only a loincloth, and your weak leg would be hobbled so you'd only be able to move by hopping around. You stay in the pen together with the critter without food until you kill it, or swear off high-fenced operations forever. I'd charge $100 for the opportunity. Oh, and $5000 for bug spray.

KG

Oh sh#*t that's funny! jumping

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
aw, hell - that one's too cute to shoot......

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of The Slug
posted Hide Post
I look pretty good in a loin cloth, maybe I should give it a try! Can I bring my own bug spray?

-+-+-

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - The Dalai Lama

Posts: 730 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anyone got a hammer and a dozen hard rolls. That little guy would be tender and tasty Big Grin

Posts: 448 | Registered: 27 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Well, since high-fenced operations are such a piece of cake, how about this scenario:

You get 2 days on a high-fenced ranch to kill a specific animal. You bag it legally, and your hunt is no charge. But if you fail to legally bag the animal within the allotted 2 days, you have to pay me $10K and then come here and admit, before God and the entire audience, that you were not good enough of a hunter to bag an animal on a high-fenced operation.

Might I add that the ranch I have in mind is just over 51,000 acres in some of the roughest terrain you will ever counter???

Strangely enough, a similar offer was made by another individual -- and surprisingly, there were NO takers...and this was on a much smaller spread.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9402 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mike7mm08:
Anyone got a hammer and a dozen hard rolls. That little guy would be tender and tasty Big Grin

We at fant-ass-y hunts can arrange a baited hunt as well, where you and your hard rolls can get after it. Only thing is, with the rolls making things what some might feel is a bit ethically questionable, in addition to the previous stipulations, you are blindfolded and covered with doe in estrous urine.

Carry on,

KG

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote