Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just Another Thylacine Pic?
 Login/Join

posted
Just other Tasmanian Tiger pic? No, not really. What's special about this picture?
 -

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Is it the last pic of a wild tassie tiger?

Bakes

Posts: 8052 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Even more special than that, my friend!

one of us
Picture of Stryker225
posted Hide Post
Is it the last messenger/attack "dog" of the secret Aboriginal ninjas before they replaced them with wombats? [Cool]

Posts: 1282 | Location: here | Registered: 26 January 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Last male?
Last female?
Last one?

Bakes

Posts: 8052 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That crazzy ape in the backround? what is that thing behind it nick?

Posts: 2045 | Location: West most midwestern town. | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Supposedly, this is the only documented photo of a Thylacine in its' natural habitat. (?) Below, is one other that may qualify, from Queensland 1964, which is said to be the last photo of a living Thylacine but there is apparently some discussion as to the veracity of this photo. Either way, 99% of existing photos seem to depict captured specimens.
 -

[ 07-04-2003, 15:23: Message edited by: Nickudu ]

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Hey Nick...bet you didn't know they are still alive. Talk to most Tasmanian's and they tell you that in the back country they are still roaming around. A few guys have seen them. [Big Grin]

Bakes

posted Hide Post
There was a recent documentry on the TV about these and it seems that even when it was known that they were on the verge of extinction in the wild there were still enough in various zoos and private collections to make a viable attempt to save them, but basically nobody bothered. When the last captive male died in a zoo (can't remember the date) it turned out that when they examined the body, the zoo had made a mistake, and it was actually a female and again they realised that they had missed there chance to do something...

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I think that was 1936 Pete (?). I have a few photos that mention this date. I can only say I hope BAKES is right. That would be very exciting news.