New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sloppy campers an 'extreme danger'
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
There is a story in todays Vancouver Sun blaming sloppy hunters for the high mortality of grizzlies in BC. There is a suggestion that hunters pack a portable electric fence with them so that they can put it up around their meat pole. Have a read.
http://www.canada.com/vancouver/vancouversun/story.asp?id=1E718DC6-E80B-4828-99B A-6015E65E0637

[ 12-02-2003, 07:38: Message edited by: hart ]

Posts: 307 | Location: Vancouver, BC. | Registered: 15 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
More BS from a anti. Could it be that the bear population is growing. That the arggsive bears are not being hunted. These people would much rather have humans attacked and killed then have a bear shot. [Eek!] I really like his idea that pepper spray is better then a rifle. If one is interisted in bear attacks in BC this is a great book BEAR ATTACKS The Untold Truth. A must read for any body traveling working or camping in bear county. This book well comfirm your whole idea how to deal with bears around camp.

Posts: 19617 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
Hanging game meat around camp is a good way to weed out the aggressive bears that would get into trouble anyway.

If bears are willing to come into your camp to steal food they should be hunted down and shot anyway.

The bears aren't always right and we campers and hunters should have a right to be in the woods too and to defend ourselves with force if necessary.

If a bear chooses to steal my food or attack me I'll send him straight to hell, eat his flesh, mount his head on my wall and his hide on my floor.

Bring 'em on!... [Big Grin]

$bob$

Posts: 2494 | Location: NW Florida Piney Woods | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With Quote