THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    #2 Son gets his deer without even trying hard

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

#2 Son gets his deer without even trying hard
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hopefully this should work for everyone - simply click the link:

http://www.facebook.com/media/...&type=1&l=249b865657

Not too much to tell - It was easier and quicker than going to the grocery store. We didn't even get the chance to actually start hunting.

There they were, so we turned in, parked; he got out, crept over a little hill, picked the biggest doe and let her have it.

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to your son, cheers to a proud Dad beer beer tu2

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Many thanks, CHC ~ tu2

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
You are quite Welcome. It is always great to see families hunting together and passing on the tradition. You have plenty to be proud of.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to the successful hunter. He looks like a fine young man.

That country looks like where I used to bird hunt around Malta.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the kind words, Gato - We're only 70 miles west and up the Milk River from Malta, so the terrain and hunting is pretty much about the same; beautiful country for anyone who loves deer and antelope hunting....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good job, nice pictures!

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good stuff! tu2

Tell him congrats!

Best

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tasunkawitko:
Thanks for the kind words, Gato - We're only 70 miles west and up the Milk River from Malta, so the terrain and hunting is pretty much about the same; beautiful country for anyone who loves deer and antelope hunting....

Great bird country for huns. I've drank a lot of beer and a few more drinks in the little bar in Loring, North of Malta, just S of the Canadian border. I dunno if it is still open, but nice people in some fairly desolate country.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats, looks like some good eats.

Posts: 551 | Location: utah | Registered: 17 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Outstanding. A good animal and a fine young man. Give him a hearty congrats from the Chief.

Posts: 1039 | Location: Colorado by birth, Virginia by employment | Registered: 18 August 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
hey, everyone - thanks for the kind words. it was a quick hunt, but a lot of good memories wrapped up in it.

gato - yep, there are huns everywhere here, and they are, in my opinion, the best upland game bird a person could ask for. pheasants and grouse are good too, but the huns are a sentimental favourite.

that little bar in loring is something else. when i was a kid, my dad worked for the rural telephone company and spent some time there while they were expanding (or updating lines) out into the area. wide-open country, for sure, but we wouldn't have it any other way.