New
Find
Notify
Tools

Price of Elk Mount
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just curious of what folks have paid for elk mounts? Share as much info as makes you comfortable.

I'm just doing a bit of homework while trying not to fall too deeply into the "wishful thinking" category.

Thanks in advance.

Reed

Posts: 649 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 29 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello Reed,

I got my Bull Elk mount back about a month ago. The mount would have been $500, but being my good neighbor, he gave me a discount. Shoulder mount, nothing fancy (bugling, etc.), no wood plaque. I caped it out (he was out of town hunting), and cut/dried the skullcap, or it would have likely cost a little more.

I thought it was reasonable, and turned out very impressive. Makes even a med-large Whitetail look puny.

Bill

Posts: 1169 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Reed,
After we talked , I checked with my taxidermist that does all my clients African stuff and he charges $550. for a standard shoulder mount and he is extremely good...

Posts: 41976 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
<Dice2>
posted
Your talking about a dollar range of $500 to $750 US money. All this depends on what you want done ot the mount, such as open mouth with tongue showing is extra cash.