THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Alberta Outfitter Charged and Convicted

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alberta Outfitter Charged and Convicted
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I don't know if anyone here has dealt with them or not, but Great White Outfitters, a local outfit, just was charged and convicted of poaching and fraud. They were sending out American hunters with void licences, and not delivering on booked hunts (after accepting the money). We want you guys to come and hunt here and have a good time, not to get ripped off, so I thought I would post this. - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is not the first time this outfitter has been convicted.He was convicted several years ago for several game violations.It amazes me why people continue to book with this outfitter.

Posts: 3104 | Location: alberta,canada | Registered: 28 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Richard Wayne
posted Hide Post
probably keep getting booking's, cause hunter's are not aware of what is going on. There should be a web page where you could get such information. So much for the Ministry of Tourism, this outfitter should have had his li sence revoked after the first offence. Rick.

Posts: 224 | Location: ontario,canada | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have heard of things like this about these guys over the past few years, if it is true, it is about time!

Posts: 696 | Location: Texas, Wash, DC | Registered: 24 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This outfitters reputation is well known in western canada and I believe that booking agents should have been aware of his convictions.I would not think very much of any booking agent that would send hunters to an outfitter with a record of game offence convictions especially when there is a history of multiple convictions such as with this outfitter.

Posts: 3104 | Location: alberta,canada | Registered: 28 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
But not everybody uses a booking agent.

Posts: 1005 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bearstalker - include me in that list! Any knowledge of the operation run by Greg Dussome - High Ridge Outfitters?? Anything positive - or negative gratefully received!

Rgds Ian

Posts: 1306 | Location: Devon, UK | Registered: 21 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you are interested in booking a hunt you can always check out the outfitter with the fish and game department in the area they operate.They will know if the outfitter has a clean record or not.

<HBH>
posted
One thing is that they held a lot of alocations something like 70 from what I understand. I have been told those alocations will be auctioned to other outfitters.

HBH

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've heard about these guys for years. They have a very loyal following though. Is the guy from Great White the same outfitter who was in jail in the U.S. for illegal transport of animal parts? Didn't they take a whitetail mount from Alberta and wrongly claim to have taken it from a concession in Mexico which they were running at the time? I believe they also had hunts in New Zealand or Australia too. At one time they had a very strong presence at the Nisque Inn in Edmonton during the Canadian whitetail season. Thanks for the heads up!!
Nech

Posts: 41 | Location: The rustbelt | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I suggest to you fellows that this is a very good example of why it is wise and prudent (and costs no more) to use a good, established booking agent, especially for any of the pricier hunts. I do, and I assure you, I never, repeat never, worry about getting a bad deal or getting ripped off, I know my hunts will be what I want and expect.

Posts: 747 | Location: Nevada, USA | Registered: 22 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
To our Alberta Brethern:

Thanks for the heads up guys!

A thanks and a goodday, eh??

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote