THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Obsession Quest WOW!!! I'm Envious & THAT'S News!!

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Obsession Quest WOW!!! I'm Envious & THAT'S News!!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted
Obsession Quest!!! Frankly I'm not often envious of other hunters. Yes... I'd like to go to Africa for the Big Five, and a Polar and a Kodiak bear would be nice but check out what this lunatic is doing....

I'm extremely envious. I'd LOVE to do this and be able to afford it. A dream come true.

Obsession Quest

The text is below. The link also has pictures... <grin>

Over the next five years one of the world's best known hunters, Bob Foulkrod, will do what no other sportsman in history has ever attempted. During a harried 60 months of hunting, he will accept the challenge of the "Obsession Quest", the most ambitious undertaking ever by a hunter.

The Obsession Quest is a 5 year quest that includes taking all 50 of the big game animals listed for North America, a Grand Quest on wild turkey, and Africa's legendary Big Five. And, as if this were not tough enough for any hunter to accomplish, Bob will conduct every hunt before the unblinking eye of a television camera. Not only will each of these exciting hunts be televised nationally before millions of viewers, but, at the conclusion of the Obsession Quest, these hunts will be broken down into categories for subsequent video releases. Additionally, during the five years of the Obsession Quest, Bob will write articles for major sporting publications on each hunt for every one of these animals, and at the end of this impressive quest, he will author a book about his unprecedented experience.

As if this is not remarkable enough, each of the animals taken by Bob during the Obsession Quest will be mounted, life size, for permanent display by Bass Pro Shops for all the world to see and enjoy. Bob feels that sharing the Obsession Quest is something he wants to give back to the sporting world for making it possible to even attempt such a hunting challenge. By being displayed by Bass Pro Shops the end result of the Obsession Quest, an unmatched collection of trophies, will be seen by everyone and not stuck in a lodge for only a few to see! Many of these biggest names in the world of hunting are on board to help make Bob Foulkrod's Obsession Quest a reality. Some of the people making this feat possible are� Al Kuntz, Jerome Knapp, and Bob Jacobson. They rank among the best known and reputable booking agents in the world.

$bob$

ps.. Please don't feed the trolls and closet liberals...

Posts: 2494 | Location: NW Florida Piney Woods | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not my idea of hunting. Jetting around the world with a production crew dropping in and shooting everything you can just to make money. The epitome of commercial hunting IMO. I won't be buying his products. I'd rather watch real hunters really hunting.

Posts: 372 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 13 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well I am not sure I would classify people that take guided hunts as not being hunters. Sounds like that is what he is going to do just on a grandier scale. Hell that is what Chuck Adams does. He is always witha guide when he kills the big ones. If someone would pay for it I would retire tomorrow and take on that task. Just a thought.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I wasn't thinking about the "competetive" aspect until I read the posts. This is a sponsored hunt, and this is what the sponsor wants for making the feat possible. You can bet your ass that if 'ole Bob gets to feeling guilty about it I'd be first in line to take his place. Why, in all my hunting dreams, I never dreamed that big. Suppose he needs someone to carry spare ammo?

Posts: 866 | Location: Western CO | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It would be a real feat, if he could pull this whole deal off hunting on public land....after drawing a license (not getting an outfitter or landowner sponsered tag) and hunting without a guide.

That is the real challenge, not having someone hold your hand after you have greased theirs!!!

MG

one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I wasn't thinking about the "competetive" aspect until I read the posts. This is a sponsored hunt, and this is what the sponsor wants for making the feat possible. You can bet your ass that if 'ole Bob gets to feeling guilty about it I'd be first in line to take his place. Why, in all my hunting dreams, I never dreamed that big. Suppose he needs someone to carry spare ammo?

Yeah... I'll help too... You seem to have seen his hunt in the same light as I did. I'd just like to do it myself regardless of the "competitive" aspects or whatever other negative light was cast on it.

$bob$

Posts: 2494 | Location: NW Florida Piney Woods | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
Sounds like fun. Sounds like a fun way to make and sell movies that is.. As long as he has a good time doing it Im happy for him.

Posts: 10166 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote