New
Find
Notify
Tools

H&S 180 Day Estrus - Anyone try it
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A few years ago I tried a couple of scent items and saw no difference in deer activity. I read a few AR threads that discussed basic estrus scent, but am wondering if the 189 day version will perform (or should I say perfume) well in the piney woods of East Texas.
The latest NRA magazine has an ad for H&S 180 Day Estrus, claiming it will attract bucks from Sept thru Feb.
I just bought a bottle at WALL-Mart because it was low cost and had a $5 rebate coupon.
Anyone already try this? If so, what is your opinion?

Bob Nisbet
DRSS & 348 Lever Winchester Lover
Temporarily Displaced Texan
If there's no food on your plate when dinner is done, you didn't get enough to eat.

Posts: 830 | Location: Texas and Alabama | Registered: 07 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am a bit surprised that there seems to be no-one with any experience with this product.
I plan to set out 4 scent tabs on my East Texas place next week. One location will be near a feeder and in view of my Trail Camera.
I will only be at the property for a few days to bush hog roads and do other work. (Due to the Texas heat being up into the 90s, I limit the time spent outside working in those temperatures.) I will be back there multiple times from October thru end of December. If I am able to detect how this product works, I'll post again.

Bob Nisbet
If there's no food on your plate when dinner is done, you didn't get enough to eat.

Posts: 830 | Location: Texas and Alabama | Registered: 07 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tagging along on this thread to see how this works out for you. Saw it at cabelas the other day and picked up a bottle.

Posts: 1449 | Location: New England | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Through the years I've killed more than my share of deer here in Missouri

I've tried just about every scent made

My findings are they seem to hold young deers interest better than old bucks

I've had better success with buck scents or better yet fresh or frozen tarsel glands

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Just a question, but are you going to be hunting near a feeder?

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will be tacking up 4 of the scent units. One will be about 50 feet from a feeder that we hunt. The others will be placed near trails that we know the local deer are using.

Bob Nisbet