Find
Notify
Tools

What Don't I Understand?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted
I received this from an SCI E-Mail. Anyone have any information?

"Mojave Victory Being Challenged
In our last Crosshairs (2/9/05), we noted that SCI secured a great victory for wildlife in California by obtaining permission from the National Park Service to restore and maintain water wells in certain parts of the Mojave National Preserve. Last week, the Center for Biological Diversity (CBD) and Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility (PEER) filed suit against the Park Service to prevent this much needed work from taking place. At press time, SCI-DC is currently addressing this injunction through litigation of its own."

And Assemble Bill 4306 is really a bunch of crap. bull

Assembly Bill 4306, introduced last week in Albany would seek to create the "Office of Advocacy for Wildlife" designed to give all NY state wildlife employees and legislators an anti-hunting scientific view on sporting issues. This office would be funded by taxpayers and run by anti-hunting representatives in that state. One of the office's objectives would be to "study, develop, encourage, and provide assistance for non-lethal management of wildlife." This bill comes on the heels of a new 'anti-canned hunt' bill (SB1240) that is almost exactly the same as one that was vetoed two years ago by Gov. Pataki. SCI encourages all NY members to contact their representatives and members of the NY State Sportsmen's Caucus to make their opinion known on this legislation. Representatives can be found at http://www.nysl.nysed.gov/ils/legislature/legis.html.

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Jim,

On that first one I don't think that group wants anyone watering the sheep.

~Ann

Posts: 19240 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote