New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boise, Idaho
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm going to be in Boise, Idaho to run my Drahthaar pup in a VDD/field test and while I'm there I would like to check out some outfits with large collections of optic's such as Zeiss,Schimdt&Bender, Swarovski and rifles/shotguns such as Blaser, Mauser, Rizzini and Sig sauer. Where I live in Portland, Oregon there aren't any good selections or good quality stuff for sale anymore like there used to be. So can anybody tell me?

one of us
posted Hide Post
The only two places I know of that might have good selections of quality optics would be Sportsman's Warehouse and Intermountain Outdoor Sports. Both are in the town of Meridian which is only 5 minutes away from Boise and both are easy to get to.

You might call them and see what they have.

Sportsman's Warehouse 208-884-3000
Intmtn. Outdoor Sports 800-421-2767

FWIW, the Intmtn Outdoor Sports store has Elmer Keith's trophy collection of game taken from all over the world, many with pictures of him and the animal in the field. Well worth a browse.

[This message has been edited by Jim in Idaho (edited 03-05-2002).]

Posts: 1027 | Registered: 24 November 2000Reply With Quote
<csj>
posted
I have been hearing a few rumors that Intermountain Sports is planning on closing the Meridian store but then again it is only right down the street from Sportsman Warehouse so if it is true you wont have far to drive to SW.

Chris

<Super 88>
posted
When I lived in Beaverton twenty-five years ago, there was a great place called The Gun Room where I bought my first new gun. They had an extensive inventory of high end shotguns and other fine firearms. Don't they carry the sort of merchandise that you're looking for? Or maybe they aren't in business anymore. Just seemed such a great place to find sporting arms of distinction.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Super 88, that gun room is the biggest rip-off outfit I've ever been to. Lately all they have is plane jane stuff, small collection of general quality optics and if anything exotic such as Sigarms or Blaser has to be special ordered with no refunds so therefore I can't afford to take a chance.