THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Visit to a US gunshop brought back old memories

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Visit to a US gunshop brought back old memories
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
On Sunday, my wife's boss took us to the Marshall Field's departmental store at Appleton and I had the opportunity to visit the Scheel's sporting good's store there. The gunshop reminded me of the old P Orr and Son's shop in my hometown (sadly now defunct) but what was simply astounding was the number of people there! There were rifles aplenty from some valuable Dakota Arms and Weatherby custom ones locked up in showcases and everything else was on open display, with dozens of people trying different guns with the aim of buying them.

Coming form a country where anyone who even says that he likes guns or shooting gets looked at with suspicion, this was a heartwarming sign. I shall go there again to browse when I can next - yes, my American friends - you have a great country and are lucky to be able to enjoy it's freedoms.

Good hunting!

Posts: 2717 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Mehul

I hope you had a great time.

Did I mention anything before about someone that doesn't want to go home

You should visit the store with a video camera and show your Indian friends

Cheers
/JOHAN