New
Find
Notify
Tools

Disturbing trend in posts
 Login/Join

<JHook>
posted
You know theres a reason why one of the forumns has NO moderator.

Theres also a reason why forumn etiquette demands once an aplogy is made it should be accepted. Common sense dictates if you dont want to read a post, or a thread, then nobody is holding a gun to your head to do so.

And theres a reason why the same white trash , after only a few posts, finds reason to flame someone whos been on the board for years. That reason is because its just the same hillbillys, after reinventing new names, doing his same thing. Ever wonder why these same guys never have anything to say about hunting,shooting, or the sporting life ? All they want to do is interject in threads, even ones that have nothing to do with them, and flame away.

Nobody here has to take that. And Im proud to say I give back better then I get. But its wiser to just avoid it, and avoid the rooms where it happens, especially since none-of-them has the brains or experience to "attack" on an Intellectual level.

I said years ago, yeah Ive been here that long, that Saeed should setup the forumn sos guys have to post their "REAL" info. Not that I have to. He , and many others here, know who I am, where I live, and what ive done and do.

But we have a small group of that "traaaaaash" that likes to flame away while hideing behind the cloak of anomynity.

Well, no-one here is obligated to read it, let alone forced. I know Im going to ignore them, and I suggest you do the same.........................J

one of us
posted Hide Post
HI,

I can see some langauage may be to much, but some times it is called for. I can say with almost 100% certaincy I have heard everything or been called a word that would curl a drunken sailors toes. I am a correction officer, for over 15 years, and have had every ungodly word said to me and more.I am tried of PC, I have to go by it on the job and hear about it on the news so lets lighten up, okay. If I get up set and want to say something a little colorful, let me.As long as I am not threating anyone give all of us a break. If I feel like using some langauage which is a little off let me do it here. Thanks,Kev

Posts: 1002 | Location: ALASKA, USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had an English teacher, (my step-grandmother) tell me one time. The use of profanity in writing or spoken out loud does one thing only, it shows the rest of the world how ignorant and stupid you actually are. [Big Grin]

Have a Nice Day [Smile]

Posts: 82 | Location: Gardnerville, Nevada | Registered: 05 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Although I have, on rare ocassion, used some mildly rough language in a fit of anger, I agree that we should try our best to set an example for the young ones that might look at this board. We should all feel an obligation to be roll models for our youth...and I for one will try harder in the future, and thanks for the heads up, we need to be reminded from time to time.

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
<GunGeek>
posted
You never know when the toes you step on today might be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow. [Wink]

One of Us
Picture of Brad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JHook:
...And theres a reason why the same white trash , after only a few posts, finds reason to flame someone whos been on the board for years. That reason is because its just the same hillbillys, after reinventing new names, doing his same thing...But we have a small group of that "traaaaaash" that likes to flame away while hideing behind the cloak of anomynity.

Personally, "HOOK" you just summed yourself up fairly well. On a particualr thread last winter you took a friend of mine to task... in a kind way I tried to enlighten you a bit about my friend's better qualities (who was very new here) and at the same time introduce him (a guy who has a hell of a lot of experience). You apparently would have none of it and "flamed" me. It was pretty poor form on your part, but the more I've read anything you have to say the more I understand...

NOT anonymous, never have been, don't come from "Jupiter" or a "Mountaintop in Tibet,"

Brad

one of us
posted Hide Post
I could stand the language if the hunting content was original, interesting or valid. The most disturbing trend is the silence of the long term quality posters who actualy talked about hunting.

Posts: 2258 | Location: Bristol, England | Registered: 24 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hook said that one forum has no moderator and there is a reason. Well the reason has nothing to do with language being used.

Mike

Posts: 7206 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Some people just can't make a point without also making an enemy. Not the way I want to live my life.

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A hunting club I visited years ago had only one rule:
"Every member shall behave as a gentleman".

That rule was good enough for the club and will serve in most other human endeavors

Posts: 345 | Location: Dauphin Island, Alabama, USA | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote