Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Moose Float Hunt Available
 Login/Join

posted
A year or so ago, I booked an unguided float trip for moose next September with High Adventure Air Charter (haac@alaska.net), and have looked forward to doing this with my wife. She is quite outdoorsy and has already demonstrated she can rough it on the tundra and can tote a caribou quarter. In the meantime, she got into and has started an MBA program (so I can retire early, I hope). She can't take the time off this fall, and my usual hunting buddy will be watching his kids in their last year of football playing (priorities?). I emailed High Adventure and told them this, fully understanding if they kept my deposit and told me to bugger off. Instead, they allowed me to book it in a future year, which I am going to do. I've already been on two previous hunts with them (a river float for caribou and combined moose and caribou drop off). The quality of their service has always been great (that's why this would be my third trip with them), and their dealing with my scheduling problem just about blows me away. If anyone is looking kinda last minute for a river float trip for next moose season with honest and quality guys, I know there is at least one opening. They also have a website. Good hunting.

Posts: 8 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
SteveD -- welcome to the forum! you should have no problem connecting with someone for your future moose hunt; good luck ! KMule

Posts: 1300 | Location: Alaska.USA | Registered: 15 January 2002Reply With Quote