New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kenco Feeder
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Got a Kenco feeder today that feeds morning and evening however much you program it to dispense. It was only 59.00 and came with the motor and a metal drum container about the size of two 5 gal buckets. Supposed to hold 100 lbs of grain. The metal lid is designed badly and it looks like water will lay on it, so i took auto body undercoat and sprayed it so it won't rust. Didn't get it up yet, i have to find some metal pipe to use for legs to elevate it. If you have it turn on for 6 seconds, it will dispense 1 1/4 pounds of feed, or you can have it turn on up to 12 seconds. I'll probably do 12 seconds this winter when it's real cold and also in the spring for their antlers.

What is nice is that if they get used to it and start coming there at a specific time, they can get all the food instead of the squirrels and coons. The chipmunks especially waste a lot of food as they just seem to haul it off and come back for more.

I'm going to put it near my deer stand and once they really get to coming in, maybe i can take some pictures and also see for sure if there's really a 12 pt back there, like is rumored to be. Have seen some really big tracks.

Plinker

Posts: 1522 | Location: WV | Registered: 24 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Plinker, I have one of the feeders like the one you got. I have found it doesn't dispense near as much feed as it says. In other words I feed corn at at the longest feed time I could get mine to run, (which with my stopwatch is about 18 seconds) and it might put out a pound or so. Mine had a feature where if you pressed the 'programming' button it would run whatever length of feed cycle you just set. If your works like that then check it a couple of times to see how much feed it throws.
Good Luck--Don.

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote