THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Horrible fishing tale,,,or is it tail?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Horrible fishing tale,,,or is it tail?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
OK, let me set this up for ya. I have a closet on the back side of my house that I keep all my tools, fishing stuff and hunting items that won't rust in. It measures 3' wide by 6' deep. Over time, things kinda get piled up in it and it gets outta hand until I clear it out. Right now I have to take one giant step over a mound of stuff to get to the back. I'm going on a hunting trip Saturday, so I had to get my backpack out of the back of the closet. So, I take that one big step over the pile, grab the bag and start to step back when I feel a sharp pain in my backside. I froze straddling the pile and reached behind me and realize that I had gotten too close to the fishing poles. I had a Rapala stuck in my ass. My first instinct was to scream like a girl for my wifes help, but she was at work. I could tell by the dumb look on the dogs faces that they would be no help. So while straddling a 3' high by 4' long pile of stuff I reached behind and after figuring out which way to pull,,,,,,,I yanked. The dogs musta known something was up, cause they quickley got outta my way as I exited the closet in tears.

I spent the rest of the day cleaning out the closet.

Oh yeah, after I told my wife about it,,,,,,she asked to see my "fishing" scar.

./l ,[___],
l--L=OlllllO=
O_) O_)~-)_)
If at first you don't succeed,,,failure may be your thing!!!

Posts: 198 | Location: Yuma, Arizona | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
That barb must have felt pretty good being ripped from your butt.

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
Ouch, that hurts... I know, because flyfishing for sea-trout at night in hard wind can be a sad business...

-----------------------
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. - R. Kipling

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CDH
posted Hide Post
Yep...been there, got those scars...just not in my backside! It does sorta make me feel sorry for the fish, until I remember that their mouth is all bone and thin tissue, not deep flesh like my foot/hand/arm (all past victims).

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For a minute there I though you meant a Rapala fileting knife !!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
rotflmo Scream like a girl!

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote