Notify
Tools

snow sled deer drag
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 45otto
posted
http://i966.photobucket.com/al...t507/th_deersled.jpg

Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?

Posts: 439 | Location: Rosemount, MN | Registered: 07 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
that's using your toboggan, er, i mean noggin!

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good idea. I started using roll-up "sliders" to drag deer out a long time ago. Then came game carts, works even better on snow-less ground. When the snow is deep, this week is a prime example as we've gotten several inches each day for a few days now, a sled works the best. I bought the smallest of the "otter"? snowmobile sleds, about 4/0 long and 2/0 wide. I've slid out a whole elk on it, quartered and trimmed. We had a bigger one a few years back and got two whole cow elk into it, wow, was that a serious mistake! Great on the flat spots, not bad going a bit up hill, but on the steep down-hill section... Fortunately, it missed the truck but the sled was totaled on some rocks about 50 yds the other side and downhill from the truck. Wish I'd had video cam that day.

Posts: 763 | Location: Montana | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote