THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Need info on Alligator hunting in Florida

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need info on Alligator hunting in Florida
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Giraffe Hunter
posted
I would like any information on alligator hunting in Florida. My father and I are planning be in Florida some time next year and would like to do some hunting while there.

He would like to get a 7'-10' gator and I would like a 4'-8' gator.
He would like to have a full mount done with his.
I would like a full mount or have the skin.
We would also like to have at least some of the meat from the animals.

Here are some questions I have for anyone that can help.

1.) What is the season hunting dates for alligators?

2.) What weapons can be used? I would like to use my .375 H&H if possible.

3.) I know they can be hunted from boats, but am there any other way to hunt them?

4.) How much would it cost for hunting two alligators of this size?
(I am still paying off the taxidermy bill from Africa so the cheaper the better.)

5.) What outfitter/guides are recommended?

6.) Is it possible to hunt any other animals while there? If so what else is there to hunt?

7.) If anyone has hunted alligator, can you tell me your thoughts on the hunt? Was it a difficult hunt? What to expect on the hunt? Or any other interesting information.

Thanks for your help and looking forward to your replies.

Posts: 286 | Location: Corning, NY | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Contact Phil Walters at www.gatorguides.com He and the sight should be able to answer your questions.

Posts: 192 | Location: Norman, OK USA | Registered: 01 February 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
Giraffe Hunter; how big was your giraffe? mine took 2 shots with a 375H&H 300gr. solids.

Posts: 202 | Location: davenport, iowa | Registered: 31 January 2003Reply With Quote