New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boys of summer
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Figured some of you might enjoy the bulls we get here at the house. I've got a waterhole 50 yards from the porch and it sees a lot of activity this time of year. Had a lot of smoke from a nearby fire so a few pics are pretty hazy.

Posts: 150 | Location: Parks AZ | Registered: 31 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Mighty nice!

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of don444
posted Hide Post
Real nice!

Posts: 551 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 27 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Venandi
posted Hide Post
That's the kind of neighbors I'd like to have.

No longer Bigasanelk

Posts: 584 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing those pics. I never get tired of looking at bulls. I presume you're in AZ, which unit do you live in?

AZ is my favorite place to elk hunt, have participated in 7 or 8 hunts there as a non-res. Should draw unit 9 in the next few years as I'm sitting on 20 points.

Posts: 3916 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I live in 7 west. If you look at a map of the unit I'm pretty much in the dead center. Been here a couple years and we still shake our heads in disbelief sometimes that we actually get to live here. Through 20 years of hunting this unit we camped within a mile of where we live now. It's a rare day to not see elk,deer,and antelope. AZ is a special place to elk hunt for sure. This fall should be great. With all the moisture this past winter and still having lots of feed the growth is really good. We've got 3 early archery bull tags,3 late archery bull tags,and 4 late rifle bull tags between family and friends so with any luck we'll put some good ones on the ground. Of those tags my 14 year old daughter and another young lady are looking for their first bulls. My wife is donating her early archery bull tag to Wishes for Warriors and we're excited to be hosting them at our house and helping a hero get a chance at our bugling AZ bulls. If I can be of help to any AR members I'm happy to help.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Southwesthunter:
I live in 7 west. If you look at a map of the unit I'm pretty much in the dead center. Been here a couple years and we still shake our heads in disbelief sometimes that we actually get to live here. Through 20 years of hunting this unit we camped within a mile of where we live now. It's a rare day to not see elk,deer,and antelope. AZ is a special place to elk hunt for sure. This fall should be great. With all the moisture this past winter and still having lots of feed the growth is really good. We've got 3 early archery bull tags,3 late archery bull tags,and 4 late rifle bull tags between family and friends so with any luck we'll put some good ones on the ground. Of those tags my 14 year old daughter and another young lady are looking for their first bulls. My wife is donating her early archery bull tag to Wishes for Warriors and we're excited to be hosting them at our house and helping a hero get a chance at our bugling AZ bulls. If I can be of help to any AR members I'm happy to help.

Thanks for doing that.OB

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice neighbors!

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1119 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote