THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Scent Control and Whitetails test (KINDA)

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scent Control and Whitetails test (KINDA)
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted
No real scientific test but this really happened and I wanted to share this.

Yesterday my son needed my truck to haul a washer and dryer somewhere.

When he was finished he left me my truck and dropped off my keys and away he went.
I jumped in my truck to go home after work and….

YUK GOOD GOD WHAT A STINK!!!!!

I don't smoke and never have...he does.

My truck now smells like HELL!!!!

I drove home and sprayed the entire inside with a old jug of Carbon Blast spray I have had for years
and at first the smell was gone.........

but........this morning it still is RANK of rotten cigarette smoke.

A smoker would probably say "I can't smell a thing" but it is nasty and the spray with charcoal didn't cover or mask the smell.

This cover spray couldn’t hide cigarette smoke I doubt it worked for anything else.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There's a lot of people who say that the carbon in a liquid doesn't work. There are scientific reasons for their argument and it seems to make sense to me.

Try this use the old fashioned spray from outdoor research or the one they sell in Wallmart-I forget the name of it. Go and buy a nice greasy burger with lots of onions and eat it. Then smell your hands-ug. Spray your hands with the spray and tell me that they still smell like burgers and onions.

the chef

One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
A car detailer told me this is how they get the cigarette smell out of cars. Mix up some Tide laundry detergent in a bucket and swirl it around real good to make alot of foam. Take a sponge and load it up with just the foam and use that to scrub down all the upholstery and any other fabric in the car. Wipe dry with a clean cloth then let it air dry completely.

Since I don't smoke, I've never tried the receipe myself, but it's worth a try. You should have your son do the cleaning for you.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2327 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Make your son clean it.

I fly cargo planes for a living and to keep the shitters smelling nice we put the pouches of coffee that are made to use in coffee makers in there. You might try throwing a couple or three of those in your truck for a few days. The coffee acts as a cover scent but I think it also absorbs the odors. It might help.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Put a Skunk in the truck and you won't notice the cigarettes. rotflmo

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hot Core:
Put a Skunk in the truck and you won't notice the cigarettes. rotflmo
quote:
Originally posted by Labman:
You should have your son do the cleaning for you.
quote:
Originally posted by boltman:
Make your son clean it.

I fly cargo planes for a living and to keep the shitters smelling nice we put the pouches of coffee that are made to use in coffee makers in there. You might try throwing a couple or three of those in your truck for a few days. The coffee acts as a cover scent but I think it also absorbs the odors. It might help.
That's why they used to ship cocaine in coffee...
Way back when, one of my friends used to detail cars at a fairly high end car dealership. They used to save the old coffee grounds from the office. They would let them dry, and then sprinkle them on the floormats and rugs of the cars they were selling. Let them sit for a day and 95% of the smells vanish.
If the car smelled really bad, they would put a sheet over the seats and sprinkle them, too.
Repeat as necessary.
Worked amazingly well for getting rid of bad smells.

coffee

JUST A TYPICAL WHITE GUY BITTERLY CLINGING TO GUNS AND RELIGION

Definition of HOPLOPHOBIA

"I'm the guy that originally wrote the 'assault weapons' ban." --- Former Vice President Joe Biden

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Just put a couple of slices of apple under your seats.pan

Posts: 5 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 26 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
I think every one missed my point here.

My truck stunk and the scent killer (carbon blast) didn't mask the smell.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Ted, I got sucked-in to buying a pair of Carbon Impregnated "socks" once a long time ago. They were supposed to totally kill foot odor. Roll Eyes

What they ended up doing was to make my feet look like they belonged to George Foreman and they totally ruined a nice pair of boots. Everytime I wore the boots after that - without the Carbon Socks - the Carbon STILL IN THE BOOTS - worked it's way through my clean socks and simply made a mess.

Hosing out the boots did nothing positive. What finally worked was TRASHING them. Mad All over a pair of socks - Pitiful!!!

PS The skunk would mask the smell. Wink

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote