Find
Notify
Tools

pouring rain buck
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted
hunt in kinney county texas dec 1 2007 weather as sorry as can be blowing misty fog with rain shot this buck as he walked down a cut road and turned broadside as he thought something might be wrong too late. 300 acres no fence no farming just rough ass ranch land. about 200 yards 25 wssm 100 gr tsx over h414 point of the shoulder both lungs with exit two big bounds off road into horrible cat claw and black thorn and prickly pear had to cut him out with truck.

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

Posts: 1624 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Nice buck!

~Ann

Posts: 19248 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice deer, thanks for sharing the story. Ain't it funny ( well maybe not funny ) how they bail off into that thick stickery crap when shot that way. I have had to dig some out where I wished I had a Kevlar suit to wear while recovering them.

Posts: 41871 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Nice buck Crusher!
Is he going on the wall he has a very pretty head?
Rain........I can't remember the last time I saw some of that.
Say hi to your dad for me.
Snellstrom

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
hey snellstrom hows things. I just finished boiling out the skull with the help of a friend looks great as a euro mount. I think I still owe your son a pig hunt when will he come collect it.

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
He wants to come down as soon as we can arrange it, maybe after your Deer seasons are done and we get the Holidays behind us.
I'll bet that buck does look great as a european.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
finished the euro mount only took about 3 hours and then an overnite soak in peroxide and a day in the sun I think it came out great.

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have hunting in the rain on a few occasions and am suprised at what "plays in the rain". Great buck.

Posts: 182 | Location: Up the holler in WV | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
yes I think we have identified the two animals two stupid to come in out of the rain on this day. me and this buck.

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Nice buck there CRUSHER. The mount turned out real nice too.

I'd rather hunt in the snow than in the rain, but you gotta take what you can get...

Posts: 3296 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote