Find
Notify
Tools

Salzburg/ Munich
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Deerdogs
posted
In October I am flying to Salzburg with my 8x57, and intend to spend the day in the area or drive up to Munich to see some of the big German gun shops.

I will fly with Ryan Air who are very cheap (�50 return including taxes! [Smile] ) but do not allow carriage of ammunition. [Frown]

Where would the best place be for me to buy 8x57JS ammunition and do I need a permit? I have my Euro Firearms Pass.

Where are the best gunshops?

Thanks very much

Posts: 1978 | Location: UK and UAE | Registered: 19 March 2001Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Deerdogs

I'm not sure if Frankonia or Kettner has any stores around these towns. The big stores has sometimes wicked prizes. I't shouldn't be that hard finding one or two shops.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Frankonia in Munich is quite well equipped. I�m not sure you may buy ammo in Germany. There�s a Kettner shop there for sure.

Salzburg: I think Kettner and Dschulnigg ( this is the Winchester representative ). This is from memory. Post or mail me, if you need exact adresses and phone numbers.

If memory serves, you might buy ammo for rifles without restrictions in Austria. If you have an aquaintance there ( where do you hunt there? Have you been invited? Chamois or Roe deer or pigs? I am quite sure Red stag is not open until August, mostly shot in the "Brunft" ~ end of September ) he will buy ( officially ) the ammo - no problem.

Waidmannsheil! Hermann

Posts: 828 | Location: Europe | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
<Ben H>
posted
Deerdogs:
There is definately a Kettner store in Salzburg. I've been inside it and purchased ammo. Be sure to stop in and look around, it's very impressive.

Cheers,
Ben H