New
Find
Notify
Tools

Western Big Game Hunts / Draws!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Any of you guys that are still looking for states / areas to apply for in the west as it pertains to elk, deer, antelope, sheep, mtn goat and moose...please send us an email at globalhunts@aol.com One of our specialties is drawing / applying for tags across all of the west. We know the best areas, the best outfitters, and can tell you the best hunts to apply for regarding all of the above listed species!

If you have points now, or are looking to get started in the draw process...we can help!!!

Thank you,

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4885 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Aaron,

I hope that you and your family are doing well in this unprecedented situation.

I stopped applying for all remaining draws this year and I usually apply for all, I do mean all. I am concerned that:
1. Many states will cancel their seasons
2. That I might not be able to fly, given non-essential travel restrictions
3. That I might not be able to drive, given quarantine or other restrictions
4. States might not refund me or give me points if I can't make the hunt. Also, Outfitters might keep deposits even if I cannot travel given Gov't restrictions
5. Uncertainty

What is your take and what are you hearing from any State agencies about how draws might be handled or cancelled?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CanadianLefty:
Hi Aaron,

I hope that you and your family are doing well in this unprecedented situation.

I stopped applying for all remaining draws this year and I usually apply for all, I do mean all. I am concerned that:
1. Many states will cancel their seasons
2. That I might not be able to fly, given non-essential travel restrictions
3. That I might not be able to drive, given quarantine or other restrictions
4. States might not refund me or give me points if I can't make the hunt. Also, Outfitters might keep deposits even if I cannot travel given Gov't restrictions
5. Uncertainty

What is your take and what are you hearing from any State agencies about how draws might be handled or cancelled?

Sir...you are definitely not alone. First off many guys are cancelling out of state apps, applying only for points, or just not applying at all this year. From what I've been told Montana deer / elk apps that closed on March 31 were down 30% for non-residents.

I am optimistic all states will be open for biz this fall...if we are into this thing that far, we'll all be bunkering in place and literally shooting looters on a daily basis. The leaders know this too, and I cannot see them letting that happen...I hope. States cannot afford to lose the mega millions of dollars hunting generates...if for no other reason than they too then will be out of a job, and they aren't gonna let that happen.

States are refunding cancelled apps now, that's all I can say on that.

As for outfitters...obviously everyone is different so I can't speak to that specifically. But over all...we are trying the best we can to work with guys, but of course every situation there is different too. Is the tag able to be turned back in, does the outfitter have room next year, etc, etc.

Frankly...you said it pal. Uncertainty! But I personally am applying for everything, everywhere, and will hope for the best.

Good luck to ya!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4885 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
so your saying there's a chance we won't have the 20 mile conga this fall?

Posts: 4989 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lamar:
so your saying there's a chance we won't have the 20 mile conga this fall?

Not sure what you mean?

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
The opening day bump to bump line of trucks trying to shoot one from the road.

Happens in areas where they give a lot of tags. Happens in unit 34 in New Mexico for deer, never apply in unit 34 for deer.

Posts: 7775 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote