How about this Bull
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Rob1SG
posted

Posts: 1111 | Location: Edmond,OK | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One fantastic trophy. What part of the country?

Free men should not be subjected to permits, paperwork and taxation in order to carry any firearm. NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1652 | Location: Deer Park, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Amazing how nice they look when raised in a pen. While it is a very nice elk I wouldn't consider it a trophy, any more than I would consider someones prize Herford bull a trophy

Posts: 2437 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
He's an awesome bull, wherever he was raised!

What's the scoop on him?

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Rob1SG
posted Hide Post
He was a breeding bull on a elk ranch in Craig, Colorado. The owner sold the ranch and couldn't part with this guy. Now he is part of a museum of the area. He was bugling and tearing up a tree they had put in his pen when I was there last week.He is 11 years old and a 10X10

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That particular fence doesnt necessarily constitute a pen. I've seen what a bull elk can do to a fence and by what I see there, I wouldn't say for sure that he's really penned in.
I'm not saying that he's 100% free ranging but from what I see, if he wanted to go through that fence, it wouldnt stop him.

The Hunt goes on forever, the season never ends.

I didn't learn this by reading about it or seeing it on TV. I learned it by doing it.

Posts: 729 | Location: Central TX | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can't see the bottom of the fence ... it may be 8' tall -- you don't know from the photo.

He's no more than a pet, or livestock. Big deal.

Posts: 143 | Location: SE Wyoming | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think they call the wild elk herd up near Craig the Cold Springs Herd. I have seen some BIG ones up there.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Rob1SG
posted Hide Post
He's not free ranging by any strech. I just thought he was a great bull and deserved to be seen. I was told that they sell the sheds for $2000. He may be a pet but he's a great bull

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great bull, indeed.

It's a shame to have him captive. Quite a loss of any nobility a critter could've had. You can see that in his eyes.

I should say "large-antlered bull." Much more accurate.

Posts: 143 | Location: SE Wyoming | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm far from a fan of pen raised game animals, but it's still cool to see one whose reached such an age.

Some of us feel sorry for him living a less than wild existence. Wonder how HE feels about it?? Well fed. Probably doesn't worry about predators. IF he was used for breeding....pretty nice life!

FN

'I'm tryin' to think, but nothin' happens"!

Curly Howard
Definitive Stooge

Posts: 350 | Location: Cascade, Montana | Registered: 26 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Deertick must be the infamous "Elk Whisperer".

Perry

Posts: 2247 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote