New
Find
Notify
Tools

Use hunters not gunwriters
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Who do you believe? A hunter posting in Accurate Reloading or a gun writer? Why do makers of guns, ammo, optics and components use gun writers instead of hunters. Think of yourself being chosen from this forum spending your time and their money to test products. Who reads the magazines? The hunters that only dream or those who actually go hunting? The product makers are here for us and we should be telling the truths!Let's get a contest going to see who goes and if the manufactureres are willing to sponsor a forum member.

Posts: 426 | Location: Yakima, Washington, USA | Registered: 30 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gatehouse
posted Hide Post
I'm sure I've learned more on forums like these, than any magazine. About 6 years ago now, I took up handloading because of reading posts on a hunting forum. At teh time I figured that handloading was a completly esoteric art form, and was beyond my scope.

The one benifit you have from magazines or books is that you know who the author is. On a forum, you don't really know, and the inexperienced could be misinformed, although there often seems to be plenty of people ready to voice their disagreement! [Wink]

Posts: 3082 | Location: Pemberton BC Canada | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It makes no difference, listen, read study retain what is important and dismiss what is not, your only going to gain so much and the rest is going to have to come from experience, if you don't get the experience and draw your own conclusions then you didn't need the knowledge in the first place..Life is simple unless you confuse the issures with fact.

Posts: 41976 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tarbe
posted Hide Post
Great point, Ray. Knowledge for knowledge's sake is pretty useless if you never intend to apply it.

Reminds me of some of the degrees I've seen people earn...

Tim

Posts: 1534 | Location: Romance, Missouri | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With Quote