THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Re: Mt. Elk Hunt To Be Cut - WOLVES To Blame!

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Mt. Elk Hunt To Be Cut - WOLVES To Blame!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted
I think I hear the "3-S" plan being discussed here...

S hoot, S hovel, S hut-up

or in other words...

shoot-em, bury them, keep your mouth shut.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello;
To put the Canadian side to this scenario, there was no cow Elk season in WMU 418, here in Alberta, this year. The feed back I got is that the Wolves were causing unacceptable mortality on the calves.
Grizz

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Well, then the SSS protocol seems attractive then

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've "heard" that the SSS method is used out here in regards to the ever increasing lion population. But like I said, I've only "heard" about it.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Doc,

Sadly I don't know what else to suggest...

I'm not a scoff-law by any means, but there comes a point where logic and reason begin to outweigh the "technical difficulties" of such rules.

Yes, the number of elk, deer, moose, etc that these things will destroy per year is of great concern.

Posts: 863 | Location: Mtns of the Desert Southwest, USA | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Can any of you Wyoming folks point me toward documentes that show the broken promises from the feds reguarding the wolf reintroduction? I went to a wolf recovery meeting here in Montana early this year and several times it was mentioned that Wyoming won't get on board with it's recovery plan. I left the meeting feeling like I wasn't getting the full story from Wyoming's standpoint. The fed biologists basically said that Wyoming's insistance on calling wolves predators in their plan (which allows for unrestricted hunting)was what was holding up the feds from turning the management over to the states. OK I'm starting to see the picture here. We want to turn over the management of the wolves to the states so you can manage them as you see fit so long as we (feds)dictate the way you go about managing them. KevD

Posts: 24 | Location: Montana | Registered: 29 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not sure of any documents, the F&W publicly stated, to the media and large groups of citizens, that once a certain number of packs was reached for 3 years they would delist and allow the state to manage. Interpet that how you want!

It is the same as the grizzly when a certain number was reached delisting would take place. They have changed the numbers many times.

A hunting season? I doubt it. The greenies would scream and sue. The only control would likely be G&F going out and shooting trouble animals. More financail burden on the Wy G&F and less revenue from license sales due to fewer animals. The Wy G&F went to the legislature, this year, for the fist time in thier history to ask for money from the state to help run the G&F. They are hurting financially. The endangerd species are straining the budgets. Over $1,000,000 last year for grizzly. Thats a lot of elk licenses.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Another little tid bit, the initial introdcution of the original wolves, averaged $1,000,000 per wolf. The total cost of the first wolves introduced cost a million per wolf. Next time some kids go to bed hungry or some elderly people can't heat thier home think about that.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am just telling you peoples concerns. You might like government intervention, you sound like a democrat. I bet you go to the woods with out bear spray, and loaded with the biggest hand gun known to man kind to defend yourself! When in reality you stand a greater risk of being struck by lightning! Who is the pussy?

As for hibernation, grizzlys don't spend the entire winter in a den like a black bear. In fact when we get our winter bear training the forest service guy that does the training shows a map of bears that are out of the den. Even in Jan. Radio collars! They rarely stay in the den all winter and since we don't have much for winters any more they leave more often.

But I do believe you have a deep fear of anything in the dark. You still sleep with your head under the covers don't you?????

one of us
posted Hide Post
It was over 30 years ago when you could hunt them. That is quite a long time. Go back to your bottle of Black Velvet!

one of us
posted Hide Post
You need to save your BS, and move back to California where you came from. No need to worry about griz bears or wolves there...you'd be happy again.

Funny that living in Jackson, locals rarely speak of griz bears being a pain in the ass...more of a nuisance. It is all the folks who don't live in bear country, and have no experience with them that area always throwing the fit.

Why did you move to Wyoming Kudu, to pave all the open spaces and build condos?? If you don't like wild country, move your little whiny ass outta here (if a real winter doesn't chase you out first!!).

MG

one of us
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't even wish that you came from California! God that was a low blow saying I came from kalifornia! I am sorry, I will not stoop that low!

My ancestors were in this region while yours will still giving the "King of England" peasant hand jobs.

Make all the acqusations you want, you don't know me or where I came from, and I don't fear the bear. I respect and enjoy his exhistance. But I do not like the feds expanding the range and changing how the out doors are used as per thier discretion. And if you support thier motives good for you. I can find 5 to your 1 that feel as I do.

I hunt, fish, ride, walk and work in ((( "griz"))) territory every fall, spring and summer. You like that word "grizz don't you" I bet it makes you hard to talk like Jeremiah Johnson!

If 51% of Wyoming wants all of Wyoming to be Grizzly bear territory then so be it. But if 51% says enough is enough then it should also be respected and taken into consideration. I appluad the county commisioners of Fremont and Park counties for standing up to the USF&W.

Get back in your easy chair and pour you another BV and pass out into peaceful bliss!

one of us
posted Hide Post
And you live in Jackson? Democrat capital of Wyoming. Did you go see slick willy when he was there? I bet you did!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Slick willy sucks.

Posts: 96 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 28 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think Monica sucked, slick was a cocksucker!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Oh yea, I loved it that tricky Dicky claims residency there...nothing like looking at the Teton's with a freaking ground to air missle system and 100 AF dudes standing around with M4's next to you.
Our tax money at work...for what??

MG

one of us
posted Hide Post
For real? Missles? Wow!

I still like Cheney better than Slick!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Tricky dicky could kick the shit out of John Edwards, and that would make the radar system in JAC worth it.

Posts: 96 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 28 January 2004Reply With Quote