Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

where for mule deer 04 ?
 Login/Join

posted
still looking for input on where to take my father mule deer hunting this fall in wyoming. can anyone point me in a direction? thank you and happy holidays....

Posts: 75 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Claycrusher, there is a hunt in November that is at Cody that is fairly easy to draw. I went there in 98 with a hunting partner and he did fairly well. We ended up going up north of Cody in the Sunshine Basin for the deer below.

Another friend has been hunting it yearly and getting drawn each year. He shot a 30" deer last year and his son shot one that was 28".

Wish I knew the unit number but I will do some research and get back to you.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What a great pic!!!!

Posts: 1346 | Location: NE | Registered: 03 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Clay,
What do you want to spend??
The Greys River basin guys are getting about $3,000 for a 5 day hunt. Make sure you put in for your tag, first.

Posts: 359 | Location: 40N,104W | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
thanks for the input my dad and i are hopeing to do a hunt on public or pay a reasonable trespass fee.

Posts: 75 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Customstox: I believe that is the "Sunlight" basin north of Cody, Wyoming. Buffalo Bill and I used to Hunt there (not at the same time of course!).
Good luck up there as that is some big country!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote