THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Craig, thank you for your service, and other remarks.
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Craig, thank you for your service, and other remarks.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
500 Grains,
Throughout your long history of contentious posts, runs a common and consistent theme ... one in which you persist in pressing your point, stoically unresponsive to vicious attack, as though such a posture renders you the high ground. It�s difficult to grasp just what it is you bring away from these verbal engagements, without acknowledging the nagging thought that it is merely being at the center of things that holds interest for you and the fact that any and all insults shall be willingly borne, to further this end.

I said nothing, after listening for months to your incessant whining, as you glowingly announced that you had finally recovered your deposit money from the widow of the, all too recently, departed �Teennut�, the fine Mr. Robert Bastow. I said nothing when your response to Ann�s having won the .45/70 Buffalo Hunt lottery was �Hummmmm �� I do also recall refraining from voicing my support during your marathon conflict with Gerard Schultz, in great part, due to the manner in which you went about it. Numerous other, perhaps lesser incidents, have gone, similarly, ignored.

But, now, we have one of the most admirable persons of our beloved pastime grace us by his presence and I must endure the irony of his being greeted by you? I think not. In the past, I have been embarrassed many times in reading some of the posts at "AR", but never as much as now. I feel a sense of shame at how this man has been treated and I lay much of the blame at your feet.

No, 500 Grains, �ONE OF US� you are not.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For some reason, 500 Grains seems to have a need to initiate unprovoked attacks on CB.

July 2003 "Gen Boddington's Miller 7 mag" http://www.nookhill.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=003881;p=1

quote:
Originally posted by 500grains:
If I gave Sgt. Boddington a free rifle and he sold it, I would be pissed.

WTF did this have to do with the thread, what purpose did it serve, and why the deliberate affront to his rank?

[ 09-19-2003, 00:21: Message edited by: Fischer ]

Posts: 2921 | Location: Canada | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
Nick, there have indeed been others. Two that come to mind are a tirade against Barnes, and a huge conflict on a private transaction via the classifieds. It does seem that "bad deals" follow this fellow around, don't they?

I had forgotten about Teenut. Thanks for reminding me. It sure "rounds out" 500whines' profile, putting lawyer pressure on widows. He gives his profession a bad name.... JMO, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Craig, I was determined not to get involved in this thread. In fact, I was and still am embarrassed by the actions of some posters present. However, since you specifically mentioned that you appreciated the support shown...

I appreciate the time you invest in visiting this site. If you seperate the wheat from the chaff, there are some good folks here with the experience, intelligence and manners to make it a productive way to "waste" a few minutes. As an aside, I've got a couple of your books and enjoy reading them.

For those that consider this "sucking up" or such, so be it. Those who recognize the difference between that, and common courtesy and respect don't require any clarification. Those that don't, it doesn't matter...

Craig, hope you continue to visit from time to time. Hopefully we'll have the opportunity to share a campfire some time on a hunt.

Posts: 235 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 08 November 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Ya know, Dutch? It seems a shame I�ve got to risk the loss of friendship, when all I�m trying to do is straighten out his head. Just can�t seem to win lately. What the heck are we doing, taking shots at the biggest name ever to post at our Forum? What does it matter to us, some mishap that took place in another world, when held up against the acumen and experience this man brings? Not to mention the gain in status bestowed upon the Forum via his participation. 500 Grains is a decent fellow, I�m sure, but I have to wonder if he wouldn�t stick his ear into Mike Tyson�s mouth, just for the notoriety.

This man, Craig Boddington is the real deal. A good man, a fine citizen & one hell of a hunter � writer. Among the two or three who have given me most, over my 40 years of hunting. I�ll be damned if I�m going to just sit back and watch him walk away.

[ 09-19-2003, 01:45: Message edited by: Nickudu ]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fischer:
For some reason, 500 Grains seems to have a need to initiate unprovoked attacks on CB.

July 2003 "Gen Boddington's Miller 7 mag" http://www.nookhill.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=003881;p=1

quote:

WTF did this have to do with the thread, what purpose did it serve, and why the deliberate affront to his rank?
There is a point that seems to be lost on many here, including the famous personage Mr. Boddington. The point is that he was using a rank that he had not yet received.

I doubt that the point will ever be understood by many here.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
<duckster>
posted
Craig,

I too appreciate the fact that you have taken the time post here on this site. I hope that you will continue to drop in from time to time. Hope the resident jerks won't keep you away. I look forward to your insights.

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nickudu:
500 Grains,
Throughout your long history of contentious posts, runs a common and consistent theme ... one in which you persist in pressing your point, stoically unresponsive to vicious attack, as though such a posture renders you the high ground. It�s difficult to grasp just what it is you bring away from these verbal engagements, without acknowledging the nagging thought that it is merely being at the center of things that holds interest for you and the fact that any and all insults shall be willingly borne, to further this end.

I said nothing, after listening for months to your incessant whining, as you glowingly announced that you had finally recovered your deposit money from the widow of the, all too recently, departed �Teennut�, the fine Mr. Robert Bastow. I said nothing when your response to Ann�s having won the .45/70 Buffalo Hunt lottery was �Hummmmm �� I do also recall refraining from voicing my support during your marathon conflict with Gerard Schultz, in great part, due to the manner in which you went about it. Numerous other, perhaps lesser incidents, have gone, similarly, ignored.

But, now, we have one of the most admirable persons of our beloved pastime grace us by his presence and I must endure the irony of his being greeted by you? I think not. In the past, I have been embarrassed many times in reading some of the posts at "AR", but never as much as now. I feel a sense of shame at how this man has been treated and I lay much of the blame at your feet.

I try to remain impartial. I try hard not to personalize issues. I usually manage to ignore threads like this. This particular issue has really tried my patience though, and I have written a few things I normally would not.

But DANG Nick, I really do wish that I had said all that.

Thanks,
Canuck

[ 09-19-2003, 03:40: Message edited by: Canuck ]

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dutch:
Nick, there have indeed been others. Two that come to mind are a tirade against Barnes, and a huge conflict on a private transaction via the classifieds. It does seem that "bad deals" follow this fellow around, don't they?

To help you with your memory, I posted a warning for other forumites because I had uncovered a scammer - someone who says he sent money but has not and then hopes the product will arrive at his P.O. box (no phone). I ended up donating the Millett adjustable sight in question to a retired policeman in either NM or AZ (cannot remember).

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Col Boddington,
Sir, Just wanted to say welcome to the board. Believe it or not, this is (in my humble opinion) the best hunting/shooting site on the net. Please do not allow this silly discussion to taint your opinion of this place. A vast majority of the people who post here are extremely knowledgeable and friendly. I look forward to your contributions to this site, and I very much enjoy reading your articles every month. Good luck on your promotion.

Robert L. Hibbard, TSgt, USAF

Posts: 284 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 13 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You know when this stuff goes on I really wonder to myself, "why am I even on this site". This isn't what I want to read, look at or be a party to. Thank you.

Posts: 40 | Location: Phoenix AZ. | Registered: 15 October 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
It takes alot to get him going but when he does........WATCH OUT!!! [Eek!]

GOOD ON YA NICK, well said mate [Big Grin]

Bakes

Posts: 8052 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Oh almost forgot...

quote:
The point is that he was using a rank that he had not yet received.

Its not that we don't understand.....it just that WE DON'T CARE!! The mans just a hunter who has joined these forums, he deserves the respect that we give other new members that join, not because he's a Colonel/General/whatever, but because he's a hunter and gun nut like we all are. Although he didn't have to Craig posted the reason for the stuff up about his rank, and being in the military myself and knowing how things can go awry I find it a beliveable reason.

And just before I get off my soapbox....In one of these "Craig Boddington" post's I made the offer to Craig that if he ever made it to the Northern Territory, I'd be more than happy to have a beer with him. I even said I'd have a beer with you 500grains [Eek!] .....well I have to withdraw that offer. You could'nt pay me to have a beer with you 500grains [Razz]

Bakes

Posts: 8052 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
"Plain ol'" Craig:

During my 10 years or so of active duty and reserves, I got to see my C.O. about every ten minutes for fouling up something or another. Most of my fitness reports started "Capain Gilbert is a Naval Aviator of great talent and leadership in the air, however ...." and then go on about my flying across RVN with a hand-carved Thai elephant lashed on a bomb rack or wrecking the skipper's jeep by running over some chocks at 50 mph while smuggling lobsters (with the help of a P-3 crew from Maine) or blowing over the shitter (with the XO in it) with jet blast... or some such foolishness.

I hope the Senate overlooks your "...however..." since the mistake was pretty darn technical, and not one of integrity.... or of just being a dumb ass, as in my case. [Big Grin]

I took the time to read your c.v. at the USMC site. This Marine (once a Marine....) was particularly impressed that every single unit of which you have had command was recognized by some citation or another that it was THE outstanding unit of its type in the Corps. Dang! If the Senate fails to confirm your promotion, they are cutting of their noses to spite their faces.

I do object to your being left-handed, however. [Wink]

Grab up one of your double rifles (I'll get my .475 N.E.) and lets go find us a 50" buffalo, a 100# elephant or a sniveling puke. [Big Grin]

Semper Fi!

[ 09-19-2003, 05:08: Message edited by: JudgeG ]

Posts: 7711 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Judge G:

Great post brother. Brought a smile to my face. Would have been a hoot to have served with you. My career has seen its fair share of howevers. But sometimes things must be done in the name of a greater good irrespective of the consequences. Accept responsibility and move on.

Paul

Posts: 105 | Location: Gulfport MS | Registered: 04 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Most important to my little no-account opinion is that Craig Boddington is a hunter. His military service I thank him for( and the others who have served.)

I came back to hunting 4 years ago and since that time I have read many of his articles. I never paid much attention to what his rank was at that time. I was looking for a little knowledge and some ways to improve my hunting skills since I didnt have a mentor to show me in person. So I guess I am one of the people who is the main objective of the articles. So I will say thanks and have some great hunts.

Posts: 77 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
quote:
I�ll be damned if I�m going to just sit back and watch him walk away.

My thoughts exactly. I really hope that POC takes note of the many members who see through this flurry of personal attacks and takes them for what they are, the rantings of a single troll that really arent worthy of a response, but due to their inflamatory nature need to be addressed. ARF and its membership base deserves better representation.

[ 09-19-2003, 08:17: Message edited by: Wstrnhuntr ]

Posts: 10169 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Craig;

Let's turn this forum back to hunting, OK?

Hunting with Kyler yesterday. Got huge buck on the family ranch in Parkfield.

22 1/2" X 14 1/2" with brow guards and and the whole deal; about 7 tines overall. 175 lbs. on the hoof.

Talked about your recent article on good hunts with no animals.

I always enjoy going to the central coast for an A zone deer hunt. 4 for 4 in the last 4 seasons around Parkfield, with Kyler.

We do pigs and predators as well.

Tony

Posts: 27 | Location: Los Altos, CA, USA | Registered: 08 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of redial
posted Hide Post
I for one, was just happy to see another left-handed Jarhead aboard. Welcome sir!

Having spent most of my adult life in green or blue uniforms and having worn many rank insignia (some more'n once!), I've come to look first at a man's ribbons rather than his collar or sleeve. What a man's done is a better indicator than what office he holds. That's all I'm going to say on the whole rank ordeal.

Again, welcome aboard sir. A pleasure to have you among us. It's a great site!

Redial
Former lots of things

Posts: 1121 | Location: Florence, MT USA | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Craig, no matter your rank, Gen, or Col, you are a man I would gladly serve under any day of the week. I wish you the best with your promotion. PFC Lime

Posts: 675 | Location: anchorage | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Nick,

Very well said!

From CB's replies, I deduce two things....
1) rules were "bent" to get things done with a view to serving his country in time of war...I wonder if 500grains has ever served his country at ny time?

2) CB's response to these pitifull threads is that of a gentleman...

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Fischer:

quote:

There is a point that seems to be lost on many here, including the famous personage Mr. Boddington. The point is that he was using a rank that he had not yet received.

I checked the date that this "rank" (no pun intended) story broke. Nearest I can see it was around the end of August. http://www.tallahassee.com/mld/tallahassee/news/politics/6650975.htm

Your disrespectful and childish attack (in the Miller 7mm thread) occurred in mid-July.

The point, 500 grains, is that you seem to have a pathological disrespect for authority, and use the anonymity of the internet to feed your petty little insecurities.

Posts: 2921 | Location: Canada | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Actually, virtually everyone reading this understands perfectly well what went on, including you. That you choose to continue to continue to misrepresent yourself as an idiot, when in fact you know that you are misrepresenting the facts, indicates only that you are a loser who is incapable of building anything, therefore must satisfy his urges by tearing down.

You will continue to have this problem until you get off your ass and DO something yourself. You will then not only be too busy to criticise people of accomplishment, you may actually achieve something yourself.

Try it - you'll like it.

Posts: 2272 | Location: PDR of Massachusetts | Registered: 23 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
quote:
That you choose to continue to continue to misrepresent yourself as an idiot,
There is no misrepresentation. What you see is what you get. [Wink] -TONY

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
More eloquence from the opposition:

So transparent...

1. Post with the maturity of a 3rd grader.
2. Receive much criticism.
3. Assume the role of a martyr.

[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

Have you ever considered the notion that, with the "opposition" running at about 99% of the replies, that maybe *you* are the one with a serious emotional problem?

It's time to grow up.

Rick.

Posts: 1099 | Location: Apex, NC, US | Registered: 09 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bakes:
In one of these "Craig Boddington" post's I made the offer to Craig that if he ever made it to the Northern Territory, I'd be more than happy to have a beer with him. I even said I'd have a beer with you 500grains [Eek!] .....well I have to withdraw that offer. You could'nt pay me to have a beer with you 500grains [Razz]

Bakes

Indeed a grievous misfortune has befallen me, but I shall endeavor to bear it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
500 Grains,

Nick, you have employed and proven political tactic: When the accusation cannot be refuted, attack the accuser. I don't mind though, I like you a lot and feel you are a very fine fellow, and I will be happy to address your points in seriatum.

1. Hmmmm. A sound that is not even a word unleashed a frenzy on the buff raffle thread. Obviously most people knew what I meant, and there is an ongoing thread on that point over in the African hunting section right now. The employees of the state lotteries are not allowed to play the lottery because even if everything is fair and square, it does not create the right appearance. I know Ann did not cheat - never said she did. I am glad that she returned safely, and I hope she will get well and enjoy a replacement hunt.

2. Gerard Schultz. After more than 100 emails and a a dozen or so phone calls (only one of which actually made it through), I was at wit's end. Recently Gina emailed to say that she shipped the bullets. I hope that they arrive this time. I do not understand Gerard's business practices (although he makes a great bullet), but it seems some persistent public pressure may be helpful. I hope that the others who ordered from GS will receive their product too.

3. Teenut. Was I wrong to ask for a refund of my deposit when no product would be delivered? It was a bit disappointing to find that polite telephone requests for a refund were met by posturing and vicious accusations from the estate's attorney. I have a cancelled check showing the funds going into Teenut's bank account, and there is no reason not to either deliver the product or issue a refund. In the end, Teenut's wife stood by his obligation, to her credit. If anyone thinks she should have the money back, please speak up.

Now I too have some preparations for this most cherised fall season. Best wishes to all and I hope you get your deer.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Craig,
I just got back to these threads so am a bit behind.
I was in namibia at the same time you were, only I was useing an 8x68 instead of an 8 mag. I wasnt quite as impressed with it as you, but I recovered everything I shot with it.
To bad we didnt know where you were in Na. My friend there would have liked to meet you, and we could have used an extra man/rifle. At the cattle farm we hunted, the farmers wife gave us hell for not getting her 2 more eland before we left!

Posts: 941 | Location: VT | Registered: 17 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
500groans [Roll Eyes] Ignore mode on.

[ 09-20-2003, 03:41: Message edited by: DaggaRon ]

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"When the accusation cannot be refuted, attack the accuser."

Let's change that to, when the accuser ignores or refuses to acknowledge any refutation of his "argument", he no longer has an "argument" and is instead, being a "butt-head". All I've seen out of 500grains is a refusal to even acknowledge the many points that support CB and pick out the ravings of folks driven to frustration by his pigheadedness.

I have no idea who Craig Boddington is, but I know more about 500grains than I will ever care to.

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa, dammit! | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
500grains
I have just recived some news that has put things into perspective for me. Normally I would love to watch you get toasted but I just don't care anymore. Your opinion on CB is just that YOUR OPINION, fine. 99% of the people on this site like the man and his writing, thats fine as well. If you don't like him, tell him, to his face. Don't hide behind a "handle" on a public web site.

Anyway mate all the best, life's to short to be bitching about a man, I and proberly you, have never met.

To Craig...Good on ya!! I'll keep buying Yank gun mags to read what you have to say, and I'll keep learning as well.

Bakes

one of us
posted Hide Post
Craig -

Thanks for your service to our country! I also enjoyed your recent article on the .300 H&H, my favorite cartridge.

TreeFarmer

Posts: 262 | Location: PA & VA, USA | Registered: 26 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Craig,

I am from Australia and have no idea about military issues but I would just like to say I loved your book on African Safari Rifles and have read it twice.

I hope you will write more books about African rifles at some stage.

Regards PC.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
At the beginning of this thread, I was kinda CB "neutral" in that I liked some of his articles and some I passed up. I didn't seek him out like a Finn Aagard so to speak. As far as his rank was concerned, I couldn't care less. If he wrote a good yarn or gave me needed info, then he could post the title of Chief of Staff for all of me. But.............
500 has made me into an avid CB fan. One little homily, 500gr: you can tell the statue of a man by the size of the things that vex him.
By the way, 500, have you ever served in the military?? Or do you merely presume upon the "rights" we enjoy that were hard won by better men? And, finally, are you really a teen aged girl that is sneaking a go on her mommy's "puter?

[ 09-20-2003, 18:00: Message edited by: beemanbeme ]

Posts: 2037 | Location: frametown west virginia usa | Registered: 14 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Damn,

I get back from 3 weeks hunting and this BS is still going on. Leave it alone guys and gals. We do not need the back and forth about a topic like this.

Doug

Posts: 696 | Location: Texas, Wash, DC | Registered: 24 April 2003Reply With Quote
<MontanaMarine>
posted
Redial and Col Boddington,

Hey, that makes 3 left-handed Gyrenes around here!

Semper Fi!

MGySgt Shane Pitzer
0861/USMC
 -

one of us
Picture of redial
posted Hide Post
Geez MasterGuns! That's some kinda sweet rig ya got there! Nowhere in the UCMJ does it say, "Thou shalt not covet thy Brother's lefty boltgun", now does it?

Good show! Say, is Marine Gun and Lock (Leo-somebody and Archie Bobo) still out on the corner of 17 and Marine Blvd? How 'bout Mr Brady and Charlie Lauer on 17 further north (forget the name of the gunshop)? Those shops, Flatwoods Outfitters (Hubert) and Onslow Guns on New Bridge St. were my hangouts in 1980 - 1984.

All the best!

Redial

BTW, if you're an 08 - one of St Barbara's boys, do they let you yank the lanyard with the "other" hand? [Razz]

[ 09-23-2003, 08:25: Message edited by: redial ]

Posts: 1121 | Location: Florence, MT USA | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BOWHUNR
posted Hide Post
Craig,

I have enjoyed your writing for years, and I hope you will not be a stranger on this forum. I look forward to your input on world wide hunting. There is no other person on this site that can offer advice based on the ammount of your experience "in the bush".

BOWHUNR

P.S. What's up with the 500grains thing? Did you beat the hell out of him in grade school or something?

Posts: 636 | Location: Omaha, NE U.S.A. | Registered: 28 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bakes:
Oh almost forgot...

quote:
The point is that he was using a rank that he had not yet received.

Its not that we don't understand.....it just that WE DON'T CARE!! The mans just a hunter who has joined these forums, he deserves the respect that we give other new members that join, not because he's a Colonel/General/whatever, but because he's a hunter and gun nut like we all are. Although he didn't have to Craig posted the reason for the stuff up about his rank, and being in the military myself and knowing how things can go awry I find it a beliveable reason.

And just before I get off my soapbox....In one of these "Craig Boddington" post's I made the offer to Craig that if he ever made it to the Northern Territory, I'd be more than happy to have a beer with him. I even said I'd have a beer with you 500grains [Eek!] .....well I have to withdraw that offer. You could'nt pay me to have a beer with you 500grains [Razz]

Bakes

Bakes, In typical Aussie fashion, Well said!!!

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
<MontanaMarine>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by redial:
Geez MasterGuns! That's some kinda sweet rig ya got there! Nowhere in the UCMJ does it say, "Thou shalt not covet thy Brother's lefty boltgun", now does it?

Good show! Say, is Marine Gun and Lock (Leo-somebody and Archie Bobo) still out on the corner of 17 and Marine Blvd? How 'bout Mr Brady and Charlie Lauer on 17 further north (forget the name of the gunshop)? Those shops, Flatwoods Outfitters (Hubert) and Onslow Guns on New Bridge St. were my hangouts in 1980 - 1984.

All the best!

Redial

BTW, if you're an 08 - one of St Barbara's boys, do they let you yank the lanyard with the "other" hand? [Razz]

Redial,

I go to Flatwoods mostly, they have a decent 200 yard range with target backstops at 25, 50, 100, and 200 yards. There is a place called Sportsman's Paradise on 17, but heven't been there. Not sure about the others. I've been here three years. Guess I don't get out and about at 42, like I would have when a little younger.

The Chandlers, of Iron Brigade Armory, are here in Jacksonville. They put this 30-06 together for me.

By the way, I've got my retirement papers in. I'll be heading for Montana in May 2004 on terminal leave, if all goes to my plan. Got a little property out there near Ft Peck Reservoir.

Although I've been referred to as a "lanyard yanker" "cannon cocker" or "gun bunny" [Wink] , I really don't spend time with the firing battery at their location, except in garrison. I'm an enlisted forward observer, and spent all of my field/deployed time with the grunts. In over 24 years I've never actually pulled a lanyard [Eek!] .

Semper Fi!

Shane

A little Southpaw eye candy:
 -