New
Find
Notify
Tools

White Elk Ranch in Nebraska
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone know these guys or been to their ranch? They advertise a lot of sheep and ibex that I did not think you could hunt in the US.

Thanks

Posts: 10268 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
I've always found a big Five of Diamonds works well when trolling. fishing

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1823 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skyline:
I've always found a big Five of Diamonds works well when trolling. fishing

What???

Posts: 10268 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
Just kidding with you………… I though maybe you posted this to see what sort of a response you got. Apparently not.

It is a high fenced operation with different fenced hunting areas for the various exotic sheep and goats. They advertise in Safari Times pretty much in every issue. As I recall they moved to that location from another state so that they could have some hills in their 'hunting' pens so that it was more like an environment for mountain game species.

I have never been there but I talked to a guy at an SCI chapter banquet about 3 years ago that went there with a friend that killed a yak, if memory serves. When I asked him about it he just shook his head.

With all of the species they offer how can it be anything but head collecting……….. unless they bought a couple hundred square miles of land.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1823 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sky,
Thanks. Not for me. I was hoping for 100,000'acres in the "breaks" or rough country to make it a hunt rather than a shopping expedition.
I now know all I need to know.
Thanks!