Find
Notify
Tools

WY DIY Antelope/Mule Deer
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of sdeshazo
posted
Ok I thought I would ask to see if I'm on the right track of if anyoone knows of a better route.

Two buddies & myself want to do a DIY Antelope/Mule Deer in WY this Fall & I have 7 pp (max) they each have one point. My thought was to try & apply for the best blube chip units as our 1st draw & for 2nd apply for basically areas I know we could draw in & have an ok hunt with keeping our points.

We have never hunted WY before so I'm open to suggestions.

Posts: 224 | Location: St Augustine, Florida | Registered: 07 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Make sure you have axcess to huntable land

Posts: 19607 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ditto that comment. You just can't look at a map and see a lot of public land in a given unit and think you're good to go because there is a lot of public land that is not accessbile due to no public roads going through it. You cannot access it if you have to go through private property unless you have permission and that is seldom given without at least paying for it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdeshazo:
Ok I thought I would ask to see if I'm on the right track of if anyoone knows of a better route.

I'd say, call a local fish and game guy in the area you want to hunt. It's been my experience that they will go out of their way to help.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14620 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote