New
Find
Notify
Tools

Read this, funny story
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
All right, I try and get up to the mountains with my stepfather whenever both of our schedules allow, and I am always rewarded with stories. He ran with a wild bunch back when he was younger and has some doozies.

This weekend for the first time I heard a great one. He was hunting deer with a couple of friends that were brothers. Jerry (my stepfather) shoots a deer and when they get to wher it goes down it isn't dead yet so one brother asks the other for his .38 to finish it. He puts the pistol not 6"'s from the deers head and pulls the trigger. Jerry said you wouldn't believe it if you saw it, the bullet hit the forehead and then rolled right down the nose, didnt' even break the skin. Brother one was so pissed he was about to chuck the pistol into the woods. brother two was yelling,"please don't throw it, please don't throw it!"

they did end up finishing it with a 357, but the 38 was too good a story to not pass on. Apparently the guy was not that great a handloader. Big Grin

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
last fall in montana we were hunting bears, and the guide told us this one. Seems as one of the locals on opening day of deer season bagged himself 2 nice bucks. One to many. Anyway he dragged the 1st one down to the road and went back for the 2nd. When he got close to the road he saw the warden waiting there for him. He just keept dragging right on by him, commenting as he went. "Got yourself a nice one there"

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Did he get away with it? that is a great one.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
he did - just drove away like nothing happened

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
About 35 years ago I was an electrical apprentice fresh out of school. I had worked a couple weekends to "bank" some time for deer season.When I returned to work everyone wanted to hear about my hunt and then told me to ask the two bosses how their hunt had gone.It seems the whole crew had asked for at least the first couple days of season off and opening morning found the two co-owners and the secetary the only ones at work. So the bosses decided they may as well go hunting also. So they grab a couple rifles etc and away they go.They drive out to some sandy hills about 40 miles out of town in Sids "loaded" New Yorker" They are driving along and they see a nice buck standing off on the side of a trail. One of them gets out and shoots and down goes the buck. They walk over and drag it to the car and prepare to field dress it when they realize neither had brought a knife. So they decide to throw the deer in the trunk and take it back to town as is. They open the trunk and find it full of electrical material,wire boxes connectors etc. They then decide the deer will have to go in the back seat.They manage to get the buck dragged into the back seat (leather seats of course). They get back in the car and are driving home when they hear a snort from the back seat.This deer is not dead. As the deer comes to he gets pretty wild. They decide they will have to let him out of the car and one of them will shoot the deer again. Only problem with that is the rifles are both on the floor in the back seat with the deer. Sid finally can't take any more and opens the door for the deer. The last they seen of the deer was it running off into the bush with half of the headliner tangled in its antlers. The leather seats were all cut up from the deer's feet headliner gone from the nearly new "New Yorker". Apparantly All the other employees had teased the bosses about their hunt and the bosses were getting pretty sore about it.

Posts: 2436 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
My Dad told me of a time years ago when he was in Northern Ontario moose hunting. A man from the US had come up in his brand new Cadilac and shot a nice bull. He wanted to take the bull home (in one piece) so he cut the roof off (it was not a convertible) and took out the rear seat and trunk. Put the moose in and away he went.

Posts: 4 | Location: Bowmanville, Ontario | Registered: 21 June 2005Reply With Quote