THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Crimping Rem. 405gr. SP in .45-70 Marlin

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Crimping Rem. 405gr. SP in .45-70 Marlin
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have heard great things about the Remington 405gr. SP bullet (inexpensive / quality bullet)in .45-70. However, my understanding is that you cant seat this bullet out to the cannelure in the Marlin 1895 due to OAL. Is this true? Also, I notice there is another small indentation/cannelure more towards the front of the bullet. Can you crimp in this small cannelure? If so, will a roll crimp hold in that small cannelure with hotter loads?

Thanks for your feedback.

Shark

------------------
"The Constitution of the United States shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samuel Adams

Posts: 487 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
<45/70 marlin>
posted
I have shot hundreds of those remington 405 grain bullets.They are excellent bullets.I always roll crimp mine in the little indentation in front of the cannelures without no problems at all.This has worked for hot and mild loads both.The Remington factory ammo is loaded the same way.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45/70 marlin:
I have shot hundreds of those remington 405 grain bullets.They are excellent bullets.I always roll crimp mine in the little indentation in front of the cannelures without no problems at all.This has worked for hot and mild loads both.The Remington factory ammo is loaded the same way.

Thanks 45-70. The Remingtons are on sale right now at Midway so I was thinking of stocking up.Thanks again.

Posts: 487 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote