Find
Notify
Tools

Custom in the field...
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted
This Soverns/Dubell custom took this 11 point 5x6, 152in, 19 1/2in wide, 24in main beams, 218# on the hoof, 174# dressed south texas white tail. The client (in the picture)sent this photo to me and thought I would pass it along.

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Well done, very pretty rifle. What caliber?

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice buck (look at that neck!), and a gorgeous rifle! Nicely done!

one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
.270 Winchester. I will add that this is the part I really enjoy. I love it when the rifles I build head to the field and do what they were intended to do. Custom rifles aint just fer lookin at!

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
What a beautiful stock thank you for posting.

Cheers,

Andr�

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice buck, but the trophy in the photo is definitely the beautiful rifle. I have a couple of Coopers, and a Kimber with french walnut on the way. I get a great deal of satisfaction from hunting with a beautiful and accurate rifle. How does that rifle shoot?

Posts: 866 | Location: Western CO | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
Sweet rifle, awesome deer.

Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
DJ,

The blank is bastogne and it was expensive. I dont remember how much. It was a challenging stick to work on to say the least with the grain running every which a way but it turned out alright after quite a few hours of intense, nervouse sweating. I do not prefer a 45 degree forend tip, however, this is not my rifle and since the guy in the picture is paying the bills, he gets what he wants.

Cobrad - best group from this rifle has been under .40 or something like that.

posted Hide Post
That's my rifle. It's a Pre War, actually first year of production mod 70, three digit serial (#10x), 24in Krieger barrel, Conetrol rings, custom bases, Zeiss Vm/V 3x9 x 42.The blank was $1200.

Oh, and the bitch shoots: it's a 1/4in rifle, shoots one holers all day long.

Bill did a great job on it, the picture doesn't do the rifle justice.

Posts: 24 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 February 2001Reply With Quote