Find
Notify
Tools

I DREW---I DREW
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Colorado Bob
posted
I went down the the local Colorado DOW office this morning because I've heard they had drawn sheep tags last week. They punched in my CID number & looks like I have a ram tag for Unit 16. It's next to Wolf Creek Pass----Pagosa Springs.

I had 3 points & 4 weighted points. There were more than a dozen guys ahead of me---looks like I drew a real low number. Got too love Lady Luck.

I'm pumped. CB

Posts: 601 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 09 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You suck, err, congratulations! Big Grin

Posts: 1484 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats. I drew S-32 in 1986. Decided I was holding out for a really good ram. Ended up passing on a couple 3/4 curls. Never found the big boy and ended up eating that tag. And I have yet to draw another.

Currently I have 3 points with 10 weighted points. Military duties prevent me from even trying for a tag this season so it is another weighted point for me. But to tell the truth I don't deserve another tag. I had my chance and blew it. I love to see others pulling the tag.

You going solo or hiring a guide?

Posts: 2940 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice. | Registered: 26 September 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

I used to see a lot of bighorns there at Wolf Creek Pass coming out of the park.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12710 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jjbull
posted Hide Post
Congratulations CB tu2

___________________________________________________________________________________

Give me the simple life; an AK-47, a good guard dog and a nymphomaniac who owns a liquor store.

Posts: 820 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota/Florida's Gulf Coast | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CB, that's great man. Good for you, and good luck!!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the draw. We still have a little while before Nevada releases the results from the draw. I have my fingers crossed but I doubt i'll draw this year.

Posts: 743 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: 23 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
Congratulations!

I used to see a lot of bighorns there at Wolf Creek Pass coming out of the park.

Which Park is that?

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Colorado Bob
posted Hide Post
DIY for me. I may have someone pack my stuff in the 11 miles to base camp------but it's all me from there. Bob

Posts: 601 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 09 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
That is great news Bob any Sheep tag is a great Sheep tag!
There's a lot of jealous would be Sheep hunters out there that had more weighted points but they got their points and you got a tag.
Scout as much as possible and look at lots of Sheep every chance you get so you really know how to judge a Ram. All Rams look bigger than they really are going away from you. Know exactly how large the Rams in your unit are so you know what to pass on and what to shoot. No sense holding out for a 180" Ram if your unit won't produce one.
Scout really hard and you won't have to hunt quite as panicked. Take the entire Sheep season off from work.
Good luck good scouting good hunting..........

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote