New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Please Help With Hunting Survey
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I would definitely say that you guys need someone around that is familiar with many aspects of big game hunting from animals to guns and to the many different species available around the world, if you took your questions from other games those games are also obviously pretty poor. You will notice from looking at many of the members here and their amount of posts, time is spent here talking hunting, guns and learning from the others and not playing games.

Doug

Posts: 696 | Location: Texas, Wash, DC | Registered: 24 April 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hey Everybody,

My company has been working on an exciting new hunting product and we would like to gather some consumer marketing information.

The survey is very short and it would really help us out a lot to have a bunch of the members of this forum take the survey.

We have a very short 33 question survey at the link below.

Please take the survey yourself and if you find it non-objectionable please pass this link along to any gun-owner or hunter you may know. If you belong to a Sportsman's club or gun club please share it with them.

http://www.fezgames.com/phpsurv/index.php?sid=1

If you need any questions answered by me before sharing the link, feel free to email me.

Thanks!

Paul

If you want to be contacted please remember to enter your email address at last question

one of us
Picture of jaycocreek
posted Hide Post
I started to and then choice of weapons and the .270 Auto????Yikes and know .300 Mag then just computer stuff??Not my kind of Hunting Survey....Sorry...

Jayco.

Posts: 565 | Location: Central Idaho | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Same here. I got to the weapons section and thought it was rather a semi-poor set of choices. All the hunting game stuff from the middle on out just stopped me. Sorry, I'd rather load and shoot etc.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I started filling the survey out and came to the gun choices...??? I like Weatherby calibers (.300, .378, .416) and there are none. As stated above: what is a .270 auto? Not to be too picky, but you have bows listed as firearms...I do not think this is a forum for computer games....I must be too old because I don't get it...I want to shoot bears, but not in a video arcade.

Posts: 669 | Location: Alaska, USA | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
It was not that hard. I did the survey.

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
from the questions asked I think they are making a computer hunting game.. The questions got boring so I stopped sorry

Posts: 119 | Location: NJ | Registered: 18 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't think diffeculty was or is the issue...what is an issue is subject matter. I stopped playing video games 25 years ago....they were fun then, but they don't interest me now.

On a recent hunt to Craig, CO I did see a video game in the Yampa Valley Regional Airport in Hayden that had moose and bears that ran across the screen that you shoot at for a score...it was next to the race car driving video....I had a 55 quart cooler full of frozen antelope and a rifle that needed cleaning and I was thinking about who actually played the shoot-the-moose video game.

But if this marketing guy is smart, he will add some Weatherby calibers to his line up and drop the tigers and .270 autos. Just my opinion.

Posts: 669 | Location: Alaska, USA | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hauptjager
posted Hide Post
Clearly these fellows are game guys and not gun guys. Not a single rifle I own was listed. (7mm-08, 375H&H, 9.3x62, 6.5x55, 222 Rem, 7.62x39, 8mmx57�) I am a game player, and I see a that game will need a lot of technical issues answered, such as scopes, open sites, windage, temp� All I can say is good luck!

Posts: 153 | Location: Hilo, Hawaii | Registered: 07 July 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Clearly these fellows are game guys and not gun guys. Not a single rifle I own was listed. (7mm-08, 375H&H, 9.3x62, 6.5x55, 222 Rem, 7.62x39, 8mmx57�) I am a game player, and I see a that game will need a lot of technical issues answered, such as scopes, open sites, windage, temp� All I can say is good luck!

Hi there,

the inital list of rifles was created by listing all the rifles currently found in other hunting games.

the purpose of the survey was to get feedback to build a better hunting game.

many people left great comments about rifles and game animals at the end of the survey.

I've also made notes of all your suggestions here. they will make the game better.

to keep the survey simple we didn't ask about scopes although we have been chatting with other hunters to make our inital selection.

one of the core elements of our game is that new firearms, scopes, equipment, animals, and locations will occur every 2 months based on desired popularity.

if the game ships with 24 initial firearms, by the end of the first year there will be 6 to 10 more based on requests.

My guess is quite a few rifles not listed in the survey will show up. especially for varmint hunting.

thanks,

paul

one of us
Picture of Gonzo FreakPower
posted Hide Post
Just did the survey, mostly to see what everyone was talking about. Your comment about the source about the source of the cartridges listed is pretty amusing. Those other games you're pulled the info from must have been put together without proper consultation for real-life hunters.

I think you're on the right track talking to the nutcases on this forum. Maybe you should post on the Wildcat forum as well for some esoteric cartridge options.

�lso, be real careful with "experts," especially if you let them define themselves as such. Best to triple-check whatever information you get from a self-identified expert before you put it in the game or you might end up with some seriously ridiculous stuff programmed in.

Posts: 557 | Location: Various... | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
My boy bought Cabela's "big game hunting" with his lawn-mowing money.

He's playing the game, and asks me if a "7mm" is sufficient for an elk gun.

So, I ask him, 7mm Waters, 7mmTCU, 7-08, 7x57, 284, 280, 7mmRemington, 7mmWby, 7Ultra, 7STW, which one is it?

"it just says "7mm". " Poor kid!

And Cabelas put their name on it.... LOL! Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I would definitely say that you guys need someone around that is familiar with many aspects of big game hunting from animals to guns and to the many different species available around the world, if you took your questions from other games those games are also obviously pretty poor. You will notice from looking at many of the members here and their amount of posts, time is spent here talking hunting, guns and learning from the others and not playing games.

Doug

Hi,

All aspects of the game will be reviewed and modified by experienced hunters.

And you may not realize the huge amount of hunters who play hunting games (probably a lot of your forum members). Many people can't even go out real hunting even once a year. Hunting games let them enjoy something related to their favorite activity. Just like golfers who can't make it out to the course will play golf games.

All the sugestions we can get will only make the final product better.

Thanks,

Paul

posted Hide Post
Quote:

My boy bought Cabela's "big game hunting" with his lawn-mowing money.

He's playing the game, and asks me if a "7mm" is sufficient for an elk gun.

So, I ask him, 7mm Waters, 7mmTCU, 7-08, 7x57, 284, 280, 7mmRemington, 7mmWby, 7Ultra, 7STW, which one is it?

"it just says "7mm". " Poor kid!

And Cabelas put their name on it.... LOL! Dutch.

hey dutch,

to use name brands you usually have to pay royalties. your son would have had to mow a lot more lawns to afford the Cabela game if real firearm names had been liscensed.

liscensing can also slow down the release of the product.
If you wanted to use a real Remington, they would want to review your art a couple times and get sign off from a couple people at Remington. now multiply that time by every brand or different model firearm. it becomes a nightmare. and they wouldn't sell enough many additional copies to make it worth the cost and hassle.

paul

one of us
posted Hide Post
Didn't take long to figure out that this survey was a waste of my time.I quit at about question 5.I don't call a game an exciting hunting product!
Dave

Posts: 74 | Location: Nanaimo,BC,Canada | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How many folks actually play these hunting games around here?

I saw a friend play one once and decided that I had no interest whatsoever in playing them, Just no thrill there for me. I would much rather clean my guns.

Doug

Posts: 696 | Location: Texas, Wash, DC | Registered: 24 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jaycocreek
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Quote:

Doug

Hi,

All aspects of the game will be reviewed and modified by experienced hunters.

And you may not realize the huge amount of hunters who play hunting games (probably a lot of your forum members). Many people can't even go out real hunting even once a year. Hunting games let them enjoy something related to their favorite activity. Just like golfers who can't make it out to the course will play golf games.

All the sugestions we can get will only make the final product better.

Thanks,

Paul

Paul- It appears your asking experienced hunters.I shoot a .270 but not or herd of a .270 Auto..No .06-7MM or 300 Winchester...

Your experienced hunters are "Suspect" to me...Just an old hunter and logger from Idaho...

Jayco

Posts: 565 | Location: Central Idaho | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Paul,

Have a look at our Reloading pages. We have listed data for all sorts of calibers, good for varmints to elephants and even dinsaurs.

Posts: 68751 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote