THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    lets hear it....... your first big game animal
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

lets hear it....... your first big game animal
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:

The worst part is that its been downhill ever since....

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
best,
bhtr

Posts: 223 | Location: Soldotna, Alaska | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had just turned 10 and this was going to be my first trip to the deer camp as a hunter. I had a marlin 30/30 with an el cheapo scope on it. I was up in a tower blind over looking an oat field. About an hout into the hunt two does came out. I was shaking like a leaf. I raised my rifle to shoot and when I looked through the scope the rear lens was horizontal.

I pointed the rifle and prayed it was on target. I hit the doe in the left shoulder. She fell over instantly. I nearly fell out of the tower because I was in such a hurry to get my trophy.

Posts: 96 | Location: Texas | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Shot my first ever deer with a 12 gauge Winchester pump, still have that shotgun today. We, a buddy and I, went to some state land neither of us had been on before. We split up and went to circle around a large swamp. On the back side of it I spotted a good game trail and just stood on it between two pine trees. All of a sudden I heard a sound like some kids hitting a wooden fence with a stick, but it kept getting louder and louder. When I saw the bucks rack through the elders, it was either shoot it or get run over by it. I took the first shot, which was a slug and then the buck fever took over. Luckly for me the slug hit the buck in the neck downing him. The rest of the shots were double O buck shot. All four of which missed. But the foliage sure took a beating that day. After all of the smoke blew away there laid the 10 point buck not ten feet from mine. That was the biggest buck that I have ever taken. It probably took about 15 minutes for me to start to settle down and stop shaking.

Posts: 428 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 14 September 2002Reply With Quote