New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: New Mexico Pronghorn Hunt
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
You two guys hunted different ranches but in the same general area. Yeso is about 90 miles further East out of Vaughn, New Mexico..

Both ranches had 100% kill..I have not got the report on Yeso, but I know it was good...The Moriety ranch had a 100% kill with 60% of the bucks over 15 and two in the 16" range and one a bit over 17"s....One was very nice with an exceptional spread..

It was a very good year for antelope in New Mexico because of the early spring rains, and thats prime time rain for growing some nice Antelope...

Posts: 41979 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ray,

We ended up with 9 total hunters. One hunter arrived late ... got there by lunch on Staurday. He was not feeling very well and stayed in Albequerque a couple days before comming out. He hunted Saturday afternoon shooting 6 times at 2 Antelope, all clean misses. Said he still was not feeling well and left that night. So the Yeso ranch ended up with 8 Antelope for 9 hunters with the 8th hunter filling out Sunday. All other hunters filled out Saturday. The 9th hunter had two oppertunities and I am sure would have gotten a speed goat if he had stuck around.

Posts: 513 | Location: MO | Registered: 14 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I didn't know about that guy, he was not one of my hunters. Too bad he was feeling poorly, that sure can be a bummer on a good hunt...

Did you see some nice deer? I will be booking both deer and Antelope there next year..I have not hunted on Charlies but I have the neighboring ranch leased last year.

Posts: 41979 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Deer? Oh yeah!! I saw 5 woppers all 4X4 (not counting eye guards) or better with nice spread and nice height also.

Posts: 513 | Location: MO | Registered: 14 March 2003Reply With Quote