Find
Notify
Tools

giant ram winterkill from alberta
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

supposed to be 210ish B&C

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Holy smokes thats a BIG BOY.

Posts: 529 | Location: S.E. Oregon | Registered: 27 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Oh my.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

heres a back view
(can't figure out how to download 2 photos at once)

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think an outfitter had that sitting on his table at the Calgary outdoors show last month. I just stopped and stared, just like every one else.

Dean

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, Duke of York

Posts: 876 | Location: Halkirk Ab | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
I don't know what to say.....man thats huge.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nomrcy
posted Hide Post
WOW-now that is impressive!!

Trophies are not dead animals...they are living memories.

Posts: 217 | Location: Fargo, North Dakota | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's a monster for sure. Google Cadomin Ram for additional photos. This an interesting link as well http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=32255

Enjoy.

Matt

Posts: 318 | Location: Jackson, Wyoming | Registered: 20 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ufda

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's the rest of the story...........it was found by a hunter/hiker whaterver, he's in a fight to be able to keep it as "found wildlife" It should get pretty interesting as there are several agruements for and against letting people keep such trophies.

the chef

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
hnts4fun that link shows some awesome sheep pictures.
The dead ram is truly incredible.
I've seen some big Sheep but nothing like those rams including the dead one.
If found in Colorado that sheep would belong to the finder, surprised Alberta doesn't have a rule on the books about "pickups". Of course maybe they do but got greedy and broke the rules when that one came in.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Snellstrom,

I have NEVER seen a ram as heavy as that pickup! Those bases are huge, and talk about carrying mass all the way out to the tips! What a find!

Here in Wyoming you can keep found stuff with a twist. If it's a winter kill or antlers attached to skull you are supposed to take a Game Warden to the site before collecting it. I've never been luck enough to find a large winter kill, so haven't gone through the process myself.

Matt

Posts: 318 | Location: Jackson, Wyoming | Registered: 20 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here too, you're supposed to take a warden to it first. I have a buddy who packed one out and then went to the warden to have it registered and the bugger confiscated it!! I'd be surprised if they ever let this one out of their sight and it'll go to a museum or something. There's always the argument that it could have been shot last fall illegally and just left til spring so it could be "found."

Still an awesome animal isn't it?

the chef

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
The rule in Colorado used to be that you take it to Division of Wildlife and they would put a "plug" in it as if you harvested it. About 14 years ago I found a ram and brought it in and was told they don't put the brass plug in them anymore that if you find them just keep them. I've been fortunate enough and spent enough time in Sheep and Goat country to find 2 Rams 2 ewes and 2 goats, only the one Ram was worth bringing home the others were either small or decomposed to a point where they looked better just laying there than they would in my garage. I've looked at a lot of Sheep but none like those horns in this thread!

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote