Find
Notify
Tools

Need help hunting NW Forida
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hello All,

I'm an active duty career Navy Chief Petty Officer and am currently stationed in the Pensacola area. Ive been trying to find some decent places to hunt whitetails and hogs and have been unsuccessful so far.

I've checked out a bunch of the WMA's in this area and most seem to require a small boat to access most the area. Problem with that is that my boat is back in Colorado. I've checked into hunting Eglin Air Force Base and while it seems promising, I did the whole hunting military bases thing while I was in Virginia and they were very over regulated. I'd just as soon avoid that hassle. I don't know anybody that owns any hunting land down this way.

So, my question to everyone is if they know of a decent lease or area I should be looking. As stated earlier, I'm interested in deer and hogs. And I'm content to shoot does for the meat, I care nothing for a set of antlers. I merely want to lay some meat away this fall.

I'm a native of Colorado and would be willing to reciprocate with helping someone do elk or mule deer if they can help me in Florida. I'd be interested in Alabama as well since I only live 6 miles from the state line. Any takers?

Cheers

Mac

Posts: 1638 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote