New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where do you fit on this scale?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
If your main gun or guns is strictly a tool or a means to an end such as hunting or formal target shooting then we will call that a 1

If your main gun or guns is the main interest and shooting game simply provides the opportunity for you to use the guns and try out your ideas then we will call that a 10

What number out of 1 to 10 would describe you.

I am also going to put this post on the Big Bores forum so if you answer here then I would ask that you don't answer on Big Bores.

Mike

Posts: 7206 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
Call me a "8".

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A "10".

Posts: 439 | Location: Goldsboro, NC 27530 | Registered: 25 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would be a 10. Good shooting.

Posts: 221 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 19 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I like both hunting and shooting equally so I guess that I would be a 5.

Posts: 3104 | Location: alberta,canada | Registered: 28 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm a 1. I'm always tinkering with guns to make them better tools, but I use them a lot both target shooting and hunting. Most of my target shooting is designed to make me a better hunter. I own one rifle that I would consider pretty.

Posts: 1450 | Location: Dakota Territory | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Maybe a 6 as for target shooting it's all about winning. I have only a few target guns and consider each the best for the match. Sporting guns are different and I have so much overlap except for a lack of interest in shotguns.

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike ----- I am confused and I guess I need to do this again. I am primarly a hunter. I reload and tweak rifles, and target shoot, only to become a better hunter. All my emphasis is on becoming a better taker of game. I stack up hundreds of targets each year, shoot thousands of groups with several chamberings of rifles, all to be able to put that animal on the ground more efficiently and humanely. It also is very enjoyable using all the techniques learned here from you guys, including new bullets, new powders, and many sessions with the chronograph. Now am I a 1 or 10 or somewhere in between. I will let you classify me or clarify your criterior. Good shooting.

Posts: 221 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 19 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i like both equally......id be a 5

Posts: 134 | Location: Eastern,USA | Registered: 03 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I vary, year by year. Some years, I am consumed with the desire to hunt as much as possible, but, don't care if i actually kill anything, others I am more interested in gettin meat and shoot the first legal animal(s) I can and others I seem to load, shoot and collect more than I hunt. I've been hunting-collecting for 40 yrs and shooting for 46 yrs., so, I don't know where I fit.....

I do NEED more guns, trips, trophies, meat and shooting time-money, though and I'd bet that this is typical of most of us on this forum.

one of us
Picture of tarbe
posted Hide Post
I picked up a $389 Wal-Mart special M70 Super Black Shadow .270WSM a couple months ago. Shot a nice buck and a hog with the first two Barnes triple shocks fired at game. Definitely a 1 as concerning this rifle. Purely a tool.

I have a M52 Winchester that I tote after small stuff...definitely a 9 or 10 on that one. It certainly performs well, but it is the esthetics of the rifle that get me.

So it depends on the gun. I can be a 1 or a 10 depending on the gun.

Tim

Posts: 1536 | Location: Romance, Missouri | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

GTR

Posts: 111 | Location: florida | Registered: 17 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CaptJack
posted Hide Post
definitely a 1
I want military or higher precision weapons for hunting-
going to the range is just to check zero and bullet performance.
for me it's all about the hunt- that's why I prefer to bowhunt with a recurve
the only wood in my gun safe is a Browning BPS 12ga pump

one of us
Picture of covey16
posted Hide Post
When it comes to my old guns(I seldom hunt with anything younger than I am)a 1.
When it comes to target rifles and pistols,I'm a 10.
Covey16

Posts: 4197 | Location: Sabine County,Texas | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree with RogerK. It's some what a never ending circle. I live to hunt, I also like to shoot and reload. But I no longer own any custom or pretty guns. I sold all of them and spent the money on hunting trips I'm now down to 2 stainless 30-06s and a 338, I just bought for $150.00, to use on our next trip to Africa. So I'd say I'm a 4 or maybe a 5.

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of browningguy
posted Hide Post
At least a good 8, I do like to hunt but spend many more hours just tinkering with the guns.

Just because you're out hunting doesn't mean you can't take a pretty gun.

Posts: 1242 | Location: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I'm probably about 7 or 8 on your scale. I love to hunt but what gun I'm carrying means just as much as the hunt.

Posts: 1148 | Location: The Hunting Fields | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote